OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jawdropper looking like its about to explode in growth.
Jawdropper (1 of 1).jpg

Hungs Rainbow under 14k... Excuse the frag taken right out of the middle... And sorry its a had blurry.
hungsrainbow (1 of 1).jpg

Cultivated Reef Electric Miyagi and Cornbred Bubblegum Digi
CRelectricmiyagi (1 of 1).jpg

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its my secret agenda to get you back into SPS by dropping little reminders every couple of days. [emoji23]
Well...I have been testing consistently on all parameters...phos has consistently been .06 - .08 Just working to get rid of the hair algae!!!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jawdropper looking like its about to explode in growth.
Jawdropper (1 of 1).jpg

Hungs Rainbow under 14k... Excuse the frag taken right out of the middle... And sorry its a had blurry.
hungsrainbow (1 of 1).jpg

Cultivated Reef Electric Miyagi and Cornbred Bubblegum Digi
CRelectricmiyagi (1 of 1).jpg
Beautiful! Where did you get your JD?

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a vendor up in Dallas, Select Corals.
Very nice! Mine has been dormant for a while. I just moved it and I may take a small frag off of it to see if that spurs it into action...

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ty,
Been following your thread, awesome stuff!

I was wondering, seeing as you are clearly a master level BTA connoisseur ;Pompus. If I wanted to get a "starter" rose-type BTA, in the say (making up a number since I have no idea) $100 to $300 range, what would you recommend? And, can you recommend a good place or person from which I can order one?

I'd like to try an anemone, but I figure I need to level up a bit before trading in my car for some like yours... ;)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ty,
Been following your thread, awesome stuff!

I was wondering, seeing as you are clearly a master level BTA connoisseur ;Pompus. If I wanted to get a "starter" rose-type BTA, in the say (making up a number since I have no idea) $100 to $300 range, what would you recommend? And, can you recommend a good place or person from which I can order one?

I'd like to try an anemone, but I figure I need to level up a bit before trading in my car for some like yours... ;)

Hey SkiCatTX! I've been following your progress through my thread via your likes on my posts. Glad you decided to chime in! [emoji4]

Thank you for some BTA love... I think most wandered on my build thread for the acros and will lynch me if I post too many BTA pics. [emoji16]

I'm a big fan of black widows for the price and quality. You can usually find one sub-$250. I have Mak Infernos that sell for around $400-$600 depending on size. They are both great upgrades to the usual Rose/Sherman/rainbow anemones.

I'd go shopping on the Facebook Group, Sunburst Anemone Marketplace... Good place to find all kinds of higher end anemones.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, honestly, it took me weeks here and there to get through your thread...lol
Haha, it's funny to see the likes progress through the thread. I was like... This guy has some dedication to finish! [emoji16]

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those pics are just beyond awesome. I think I may have found my problem. I think I have pathogenic bacteria from the large coral lost at one time. Coral frags are being nipped by a fish or something allowing infection in which kills the coral from the tip down. I have Fritz turbo start in a reactor to add non-pathogenic bacteria to hopefully out compete the pathogenic bacteria. Fingers crossed. Cause I wanna grow up to be just like @FarmerTy when I grow up. LOL
hi

I was wrong in the assumption above. I've fighting cyano for a long time. I would knock it back only to have it return worse. I ended up using chemi clean to get rid of it. And now all the corals a thriving. I picked up some acros, and are doing great.

I quoted myself. I didn't this was possible. Lol

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi

I was wrong in the assumption above. I've fighting cyano for a long time. I would knock it back only to have it return worse. I ended up using chemi clean to get rid of it. And now all the corals a thriving. I picked up some acros, and are doing great.

I quoted myself. I didn't this was possible. Lol
That's great to hear!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s more like it.

Throw a polyp of that jaw dropper in and it’s a deal [emoji1787]
For a porter... Don't get me Budweiser or I'll stick you with 1 tentacle off one polyp. [emoji12]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back