FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and corals!

I’m sure it’s somewhere in the thread, but what do you run your nitrate and phosphate at?

Thanks

Thank you!

Phosphates are typically around 0.03 ppm and nitrates are 35+ppm right now.

I'm a big believer of low phosphates with lots of feedings but as long as nitrates are around 5ppm or higher is fine with me.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f9b359736744e9158e397a9bb5547c3d.jpg

My RR Firecracker colony catching some steam lately!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous piece but both pictures look nearly identical :) I can't make out any differences in quality Ty :)

Thanks bud! It occurred to me that Tapatalk is actually compressing it less than the native Reef2reef uploader. Tapatalk it is... Even though it appears to be very similar in quality.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud! It occurred to me that Tapatalk is actually compressing it less than the native Reef2reef uploader. Tapatalk it is... Even though it appears to be very similar in quality.
Yeah I honestly can't tell the difference even on my computer screen, even by studying the zooxanthellae patterns I can't see any quality differences

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I honestly can't tell the difference even on my computer screen, even by studying the zooxanthellae patterns I can't see any quality differences

Really pulling out the magnifier to see Wrangy! Thanks bud! Tapatalk is so much easier for me to use to upload but I avoided it because it was very compressed initially but looks like the new version allows for a higher resolution picture. Woot woot!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I could not find a big difference but it seemed one may have a slight better detail if I really zoomed in. Certainly not enough of a difference to justify a change of convenience. Was the first one Tapatalk?

EDIT: now I think it was the second one.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really pulling out the magnifier to see Wrangy! Thanks bud! Tapatalk is so much easier for me to use to upload but I avoided it because it was very compressed initially but looks like the new version allows for a higher resolution picture. Woot woot!
Blew it up to a zoom of 10,000%, got my magnifier and magnified glasses out and studied every inch hahaha roll with Tapatalk I say!!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I could not find a big difference but it seemed one may have a slight better detail if I really zoomed in. Certainly not enough of a difference to justify a change of convenience. Was the first one Tapatalk?

EDIT: now I think it was the second one.

Thanks NY! You had it right the first time... First picture was tapatalk. Guess that answers my question! [emoji3526]

Think you got the right idea... Convenience it is!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Played around with the new iPhone and using an Adobe app for quick editing on the phone.

Hate the color rendering I get from iPhone... Everything is too overly saturated in the blue spectrum and contrast jacked too high natively... it looks a bit unnatural to me but figured I'd share anyways.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really pulling out the magnifier to see Wrangy!

That's what I have to do to see some of my frags too :( ... Stupid hobby

@FarmerTy -- Try the SnapSeed app for editing. I don't think it works on video, but it's the best phone editor I've seen. Granted you will be at the mercy of the original photo quality, so with a potato phone like mine it just goes from a travesty to okay -- on my buddies Pixel it goes from nice to perfect.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing Ty :D :D
Thanks as always bud!
35 nitrates wow!! How come? Don’t you find that hinders the growth and throws the Po4 No3 ratio out of whack?
I need to adjust my biopellet reactor. I usually hang about 15-20ppm but it has slowly increased with this weird bacterial goop that has been growing in my biopellet reactor. May just need to dry it out and start over.
That's what I have to do to see some of my frags too :( ... Stupid hobby

@FarmerTy -- Try the SnapSeed app for editing. I don't think it works on video, but it's the best phone editor I've seen. Granted you will be at the mercy of the original photo quality, so with a potato phone like mine it just goes from a travesty to okay -- on my buddies Pixel it goes from nice to perfect.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] No kidding... Frags are getting smaller and smaller.

I do use snap seed but only for quick phone pics. There's no level of video editing that could fix how the iPhone handles colors. I've tried. I guess people just live with it... Or maybe that's why some corals look amazing under iPhones and orange filters... Really over-enhancing them to our eyes but that's a personal gripe for another day. Let's bring back the honesty in pictures folks! If it doesn't look like that in person... Don't post it. [emoji6]. Or post it but say it's an artsy photo. [emoji23]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back