FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the finger condoms, those would have come in handy when pulling fireworms out of the tank. Are you happy with all the urchins you received? I ordered some from the algae barn and they all came in dead. I'm also interested in knowing if they make a noticeable difference with the algae.
mean girls condom GIF

Last edited:
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the finger condoms, those would have come in handy when pulling fireworms out of the tank. Are you happy with all the urchins you received? I ordered some from the algae barn and they all came in dead. I'm also interested in knowing if they make a noticeable difference with the algae.
mean girls condom GIF
Oh I love tuxedo urchins. They’re my favorite reef cleaners. Bonus when you get them this size to start and they were bred in captivity.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I love tuxedo urchins. They’re my favorite reef cleaners. Bonus when you get them this size to start and they were bred in captivity.
When I got home this afternoon, I discovered one of the three I ordered is still alive. Of course I also had one coral RTN overnight.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, not letting me upload pics from my phone the last two days so you’re stuck with the written word today.

Auto water change working so well that I’m going to get a second unit for my backup system and put it on auto water changes as well. Side benefit is anytime I need to just add some water to the tank, after packing frag boxes, removing chaeto, or siphoning detritus, I just jump on the app and tell it to dispense whatever amount of saltwater back into the system.

This weekend I hope to be able to finalize my auto top off so that both systems draw from the same 200g vertical tank in the garage. That’ll allow my filling of the ATO to be a monthly event instead of weekly hopefully.

Lastly, I’ll use the current ATO reservoirs for both systems and add kalk to both and use my DOS on each system to dispense kalk to maintain a nice pH above 8.0 at all times.

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side benefit is anytime I need to just add some water to the tank, after packing frag boxes, removing chaeto, or siphoning detritus, I just jump on the app and tell it to dispense whatever amount of saltwater back into the system.
Back when I had my AWC up and running, this by far my favorite function.

You running Kalk from a reservoir or water through a stirrer? I've been juggling the two as my vertical tanks are in my closet and consume a lot of space. With a Kalk reservoir, I need two vertical tanks. Ph gets to high, when I use Kalk as my only source of topping off : (

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I had my AWC up and running, this by far my favorite function.

You running Kalk from a reservoir or water through a stirrer? I've been juggling the two as my vertical tanks are in my closet and consume a lot of space. With a Kalk reservoir, I need two vertical tanks. Ph gets to high, when I use Kalk as my only source of topping off : (
I currently use kalk in my topoff in the display system. It’s supplemented with a CaRX to supply stable alk/Ca replacement for the uptake in my tank. I’m looking forward to separating the ATO function with kalk dosing for better control.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use kalk in my topoff in the display system. It’s supplemented with a CaRX to supply stable alk/Ca replacement for the uptake in my tank. I’m looking forward to separating the ATO function with kalk dosing for better control.
I use APEX DOS to push water into a Reef Octo stirrer and I love it. So easy to dial.

1645273304065.png

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks allot like my Jason Fox Cheap Date. Very similar. One of my favorites in my tank. Not a rainbow but still a beauty.
Here’s a good video of the TSA Dragonfruit. The part that gets me is the contrast of the polyps and the body of the acro.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back