OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man how long have you had your Majestic Angel? What size did it start at and what size is it now? Heard they grow really slowly like Regals. Do you expect it’ll have to be rehomed?
I think roughly 4 years now. It’s grown faster than the regal for sure. It started as a smaller 3” juvi and is now about 6-7” by my best estimate.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I still own a camera… and yes I still have acros.
Hunks Yes GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

TSA Purple Haze
AA806138-708A-4E56-8492-0F3DAAEB162A.jpeg

FarmerTy Weapon X
5DA38F27-1E8B-4BB8-833B-C401B6D9012E.jpeg

FarmerTy Wrath of Spath
B7064C42-B3C1-45AB-A301-B759B3C77F1A.jpeg

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also a staunch believer in only getting fish I can keep for life, not the “I’ll upgrade down the line” that a lot of people do. I don’t believe in the “better to have had than lost (rehomed) than never had at all” lol. You expect much more growth from the Majestic?

It’s pretty cool to see yours grow quickly compared to many others I’ve seen.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also a staunch believer in only getting fish I can keep for life, not the “I’ll upgrade down the line” that a lot of people do. I don’t believe in the “better to have had than lost (rehomed) than never had at all” lol. You expect much more growth from the Majestic?

It’s pretty cool to see yours grow quickly compared to many others I’ve seen.
Agreed. Yeah, I was a bit surprised how quickly it grew versus the other angels in the system.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great as usual!!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
show us some recap of the TX-Austin swap, would ya? Also did you get anything fun to show?
Oh man, I’m no social blogger so I didn’t even take pictures. Haha. It seemed like decent traffic for Austin. I didn’t setup a booth there. I’m too old for carrying buckets and standing all day but had a good friend take my stuff there along with his stuff. I popped up midway through and got to meet a bunch of people in person I’ve chatted with over the years. Even snagged some pieces I’ve been looking for… BC Angelica, MattV Melted Crayola, and TGC Acrolandia replacement for some great prices. I wouldn’t mind a big show coming to Austin but just not sure it’ll be worth their time as Austin isn’t a huge saltwater reefing community like some of the other larger towns.

mitten_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I’m no social blogger so I didn’t even take pictures. Haha. It seemed like decent traffic for Austin. I didn’t setup a booth there. I’m too old for carrying buckets and standing all day but had a good friend take my stuff there along with his stuff. I popped up midway through and got to meet a bunch of people in person I’ve chatted with over the years. Even snagged some pieces I’ve been looking for… BC Angelica, MattV Melted Crayola, and TGC Acrolandia replacement for some great prices. I wouldn’t mind a big show coming to Austin but just not sure it’ll be worth their time as Austin isn’t a huge saltwater reefing community like some of the other larger towns.
looks like a nice pick up...a smoothie, a millie, and a tenuis....all sweet pieces, all shall I say SPICY!

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you and Jolt's Reef in the area there is not a need for big shows, at least for stick heads. No reason to shop else where when we there are so many nice strains in the area for very reasonable prices (@gig 'em has a lot of nice sticks too).

I did have to sever the ties of loyalty to locals and pick up a really nice granulosa from Raising Reefs though. Hope we can still be friends.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you and Jolt's Reef in the area there is not a need for big shows, at least for stick heads. No reason to shop else where when we there are so many nice strains in the area for very reasonable prices (@gig 'em has a lot of nice sticks too).

I did have to sever the ties of loyalty to locals and pick up a really nice granulosa from Raising Reefs though. Hope we can still be friends.
I ran him all the way out of the county when I heard about it Coling. Don’t let it happen again.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back