OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd marry this new regulator if Texas law would recognize it. Thanks D2mini!

22dc1ee71b606538a2fea08ef8f61b1c.jpg

7a1a490759e6648cbe1339622cd50f43.jpg

It's been 10 days since I last measured my alk. 7.4 dKh... today 7.5 dKh! Woohoo! [emoji7]

Tank is ready for my +1 in March and the ensuing neglect that will follow.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Love the selection and placements. Thanks for the videos and pics!!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Love the selection and placements. Thanks for the videos and pics!!
Why thank you! Its always ever-evolving because that's just how I'm programmed but I'm glad you enjoyed the work I put into it and its documentation! [emoji106]

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally fired up my UV sterilizer last night. I'm using a 114-watt model that roughly measures 3 feet wide and uses two bulbs. There isn't anything going through it that's coming back out alive! Muahahahaha! The mad scientist has returned!

3cf34a4e22b9f5d75967e666a124e694.jpg

Cool!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang man it looks awesome!

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bud, glad to see the Gonis doing awesome for you. A lot of folks are skeptical when it comes to growing Gonis and I always say the same thing - don't be misled by lots of wrong info around Goniopora care. Goniopora likes the same conditions as SPS minus the intensity of light. Good random flow, near zero phosphates, stable alkalinity.

And not all Gonis are he same like not all SPS are the same, especially the wild cannot be looked at the same as home cultivated for years...

Would be very interested to hear your first hand experience.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the emperor too. Just got one myself. He is still in the sump. You had No problems him eating corals and polyps?
I was moving away from zoas which is why I decided to get him. He just helped me spur along my transition as he ate any zoas I didn't remove yet and also caused a fire sale on my kryptonite candy cane colony. [emoji4] My regal angel is also part of the no zoas club as well.
Bud, glad to see the Gonis doing awesome for you. A lot of folks are skeptical when it comes to growing Gonis and I always say the same thing - don't be misled by lots of wrong info around Goniopora care. Goniopora likes the same conditions as SPS minus the intensity of light. Good random flow, near zero phosphates, stable alkalinity.

And not all Gonis are he same like not all SPS are the same, especially the wild cannot be looked at the same as home cultivated for years...

Would be very interested to hear your first hand experience.
Hey Sam! Yes, as you can see, the gonis are doing excellent and look amazing! I'm so thankful I could borrow from your colonies and start my own collection as I'm a sucker for them as well.

What surprised me was their amazing ability to grow so quickly and also their potent sting. I started a little goni garden like yourself and realized one was stinging some of the others so I gave them all more space. Their tentacles would actually extend out stingers and start attacking nearby corals. It can even zap SPS and more surprisingly, first thing I've ever seen that killed my cyphastrea back!

While I don't have the longevity of experience you do with gonis, I can say that they are appreciating the conditions in my tank that are geared towards SPS. I do not feed them food ever but I do have a large fish population.

Interestingly, as I have gone fallow in my tank, they continue to grow without the fish poop fertilizer so I can somewhat assume that they are not reliant on it as much as I thought. Just good ol' light seems to suffice.

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The pink goni with yellow center Can grow long sweeper tentacle. The others don't extend sweeper tentacle but do sting each other if kept very close to each other. I maintain just enough distance between them so it looks like Goni garden but not there is enough space....they are not like Zoas or ricordea.

Very impressive growth. It is further confirming my theories on the conditions that work best with them.

Sam

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pink goni with yellow center Can grow long sweeper tentacle. The others don't extend sweeper tentacle but do sting each other if kept very close to each other. I maintain just enough distance between them so it looks like Goni garden but not there is enough space....they are not like Zoas or ricordea.

Very impressive growth. It is further confirming my theories on the conditions that work best with them.

Sam

Yes! That pink with yellow center likes to reach out and touch a friend every once in awhile with a long sweeper tentacle or two.

I'll see if I can keep an eye out for your glittery POTO goni white whale you've been looking for. [emoji4]

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back