Fastest growing LPS?

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the wow, no what i have are a couple frags of other colour hammers, there is a yellow (ish) one and an ultra green, the main (normal) green I have in there has lots of heads, which were all green but over the years some green has gone and is more of a mottled broken green. I was asking you about yours as it looks a lot puffier than mine and growth seems faster. Put it this way I never in 14 or so years of having a reef tank tested for phosphates until last year when I started having sps issues. So the balance of no3 to po4 is fairly very new to me. The one in red is the original type I have had, yellow is the yellow ish one that is alot slower growing and have had for about 4 years, it hasn't grown hardly at all. Maybe a couple of heads split, purple is the ultra green and white is frogspawn that I have now lost 2 heads of and I have put 1 in another lower flow tank to try and save it.
Screenshot_20190925-151727_Gallery.jpg
I have a difficult Goni that I have been keeping for almost as long as the hammer, which I think has benefited greatly from my extensive broadcast feedings. Every day my tank gets Phyto Feast and Oyster Feast, and sometimes reef roids as well. I also dose amino acids, and in researching the Goni I found out that there’s a trace element called Manganese that is really beneficial to hammers/Goni’s that is a part of what I’ve been dosing. Could be a combination of everything, but just trying to help!

Last edited:

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a combination of everything, but just trying to help!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'm going to stick with dosing amino, no3 and po4 for now I may chuck some roids in as well and dirty the tank a little. It's only a 23 gallon non sumped or skimmed tank, i only have 2 clowns, shrimp goby pair and some hermits the snails all bar 2 nassarius died due to dinos. With such a low fish count, I cant rely on poop to feed the corals.

Cprivi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But here’s my submission: green branching hammer, purchased as an itsy bitsy frag on April 19th.
E8D82201-F1C0-45B2-B58A-449B3BE7CBE7.png
9A80A5D6-543F-4279-AFC4-2B9BA7A2574F.jpeg

0847EBEB-314C-4E57-A540-4A466FBEB6B5.jpeg
What are you feeding that guy? I bought a similar frag in October and it hasn’t grown at all as far as I can tell.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fastest growing would be my hammer coral. Started off as 1 head is up to 20+ now and has even been fragged twice. However, the growth is more noticeable when 1 head turns to 2, turns to 4 and continues to double.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding that guy? I bought a similar frag in October and it hasn’t grown at all as far as I can tell.
It gets a lot of light, not much flow, and I have dosed some form of amino acids for most of its life. (Fuel and now Red Sea A+B). I also broadcast feed Phyto Feast and Oyster Feast every day, and occasionally reef roids as well. Additionally, it’s placement in the top front of my tank means that pellets fall on it when I feed the fish, but I’m not sure if it eats those or if that has an impact in any way.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmm....my red goni....two small frags glued on a rock next to each other....1st pic is three months after I got it 2016.... second pic is 2019.....I can't find good pics in between though....I need to get as good as you guys when it comes to taking Aquarium pics..... LOL!

IMG_20180310_130156.jpg IMG_20190626_134922.jpg

Nano15g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this post is old but i guessing that uou still have your tank and if so ans you still yrimm from time to time lmn ty

Back