Fat Belly Tangs

njmaddreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2025
Messages
159
Reaction score
157
Location
Andover
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys feed your Tangs to make them really fat?

I went to WWC back in winter 2024 and absolutely fell in love with how round the bellies were on their tangs.

I got a purple, tomini, and scopas tang last week and want to fatten these little juveniles up 😊
 
What do you guys feed your Tangs to make them really fat?

I went to WWC back in winter 2024 and absolutely fell in love with how round the bellies were on their tangs.

I got a purple, tomini, and scopas tang last week and want to fatten these little juveniles up 😊
It’s not just what you feed, it’s how often you feed it. Tangs are almost constantly feeding, if you can feed say 6 times a day, the bellies will remain so much fatter and rounder than if you only feed maybe once a day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new