Fauna Marin ICP?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of doing an ICP test. My last one I sent to ATI got lost in the mail and unfornately, I was never able to get around to send them a new sample (sent it before I was away from my tank). I am thinking of Fauna Marin or maybe Triton. Any thoughts on preferences between the two? I am wanting to do the Fauna Marin for the price, but I like that triton one is in the US (I am assuming it is less likely to get lost).

I know ICP tests may not be super accurate, but essentially I am wanting to see if certain trace elements have built up over time after having used all for reef for quite a while on a 0 water change system.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of doing an ICP test. My last one I sent to ATI got lost in the mail and unfornately, I was never able to get around to send them a new sample (sent it before I was away from my tank). I am thinking of Fauna Marin or maybe Triton. Any thoughts on preferences between the two? I am wanting to do the Fauna Marin for the price, but I like that triton one is in the US (I am assuming it is less likely to get lost).

I know ICP tests may not be super accurate, but essentially I am wanting to see if certain trace elements have built up over time after having used all for reef for quite a while on a 0 water change system.
I believe that Triton now offers USA based ICP testing service through Unique Corals. I couldn't recommend one company over another though.

Have you seen this article?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to icp testing and I have so far only sent out one test and it was the Fauna Marin. I read reviews and they were almost all horrible but most of them seemed to be that they never got results back. I believe that is because most people weren’t including enough postage. I took mine to the post office and just paid for shipping there and I got my results back 1 week after sending them in. I’m getting ready to do another icp test and I will be sticking with Fauna Marin. For the price Fauna Marin can’t be beat IMHO.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to icp testing and I have so far only sent out one test and it was the Fauna Marin. I read reviews and they were almost all horrible but most of them seemed to be that they never got results back. I believe that is because most people weren’t including enough postage. I took mine to the post office and just paid for shipping there and I got my results back 1 week after sending them in. I’m getting ready to do another icp test and I will be sticking with Fauna Marin. For the price Fauna Marin can’t be beat IMHO.
HI there I sent in my test last week to a Houston TX addy and per the tracking # it was received. Now what? will they email me the results or ??? TIA :)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there I sent in my test last week to a Houston TX addy and per the tracking # it was received. Now what? will they email me the results or ??? TIA :)
Yes I just mailed mine and then a week later received an email with the results. I don’t remember the address where I sent my last one, but I just checked the address on the kit I just ordered and it has the Houston address.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I just mailed mine and then a week later received an email with the results. I don’t remember the address where I sent my last one, but I just checked the address on the kit I just ordered and it has the Houston address.
Awesome thank you!!!

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on American reefers using the fauna marin tests? Are they still accurate when sent that far away? I know people at least used to say that you should choose a brand that has a local lab.

Ati is also German buy I know they have a North American distributor in California... do they have e a lab in amaerica for icp tests also? Or are those tests going to Germany also?

I use triton and I think they have a fairly accurate test and I like the way the results are given, but I don't like that they're the most expensive and offer the fewest extra perks.

The ro water is a big one for me... I really wanna see if my zero is zero... and Moreso than that... I really wanna see what's in my rodi when I let it get to 1-4 tds before changing. Just curious what's coming through.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back