Fauna Marin Ocean Plankton

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone is using this product? what do you think?

High quality food for fish and corals! 100% NATURAL OCEAN PLANKTON is pure Calanus Plankton freshly catched and immediately conserved from the norwegian north atlantic Ocean.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm surprise no one uses this product at all. There has to be someone. Would love to hear your experience.

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I didn’t know Fauna Marine was still in business. I haven’t seen any of their products in years.

I dose live plankton myself, but from a different company. I’d imagine Fauna Marine’s products are very similar to what other companies are offering. They made decent products years ago and I’d imagine that hasn’t changed.

The only thing with the product you’re talking about is that it appears to be only a single plankton species. I usually like blends of 4 or more different species as each specie is a different size and are favored by different organisms.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I didn’t know Fauna Marine was still in business. I haven’t seen any of their products in years.

I dose live plankton myself, but from a different company. I’d imagine Fauna Marine’s products are very similar to what other companies are offering. They made decent products years ago and I’d imagine that hasn’t changed.

The only thing with the product you’re talking about is that it appears to be only a single plankton species. I usually like blends of 4 or more different species as each specie is a different size and are favored by different organisms.

which one that you are using?

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which one that you are using?

Currently I’m using this:

F484CDAC-3289-4143-AF7B-E85596284387.jpeg

Most LFS seem to sell this plankton. It’s called “Phyto Feast Live” and made by Reed Mariculture aka Reef Nutrition.

I also dose this product from Algae Barn:

9721368C-E70D-4DEA-A955-B80FB59F2E4F.jpeg

Which one I dose depends on what my LFS has in stock.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back