Fauna Marin Rebicotic Bacteria

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone has experience of using Fauna Marin Rebiotic bacteria?

ReBiotic is a 100% natural bacteria-based product that contains a unique mixture of bacteria strains. The addition of these special strains help replenish bacterial stability and repair existing bacteria films that have been damaged by sudden system changes or "Old Tank Syndrome". ReBiotic bacteria also improves overall water quality and health of live rock without the risk of alternating water chemistry, disrupting deposits, or growing unsightly algae.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I've used a few of their products (bacto balls, lps pellets) in the past but not this one. Just went to check it out and it looks like you can't order from the site any longer?

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I've used a few of their products (bacto balls, lps pellets) in the past but not this one. Just went to check it out and it looks like you can't order from the site any longer?

I am sure you can order it from your LFS and other online stores.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t yet, but I am really interested as well.
It sounds like a great product from the advertising.
It would be great to get some feedback from people that already use it so I’m bumping this up to see if anyone has info to share.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some from saltwateraquariums. We'll see. I did find a couple other threads here and on other forums where it was referenced but not in depth.
Let us know what you think.

Saltwater aquariums is out of rebiotic and I can’t find anywhere else to buy it in the USA.
I guess my new sand is just getting microbacter 7 and ZEObac which I already have.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know what you think.

Saltwater aquariums is out of rebiotic and I can’t find anywhere else to buy it in the USA.
I guess my new sand is just getting microbacter 7 and ZEObac which I already have.

I literally just dosed the second dose. The instructions are two times a week for the first month and then once a month after that.

I'm not sure that I'm seeing any differences yet. I started that and installed my new skimmer the same day and my water was crystal clear the next day I'm not sure which to attribute it to.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally just dosed the second dose. The instructions are two times a week for the first month and then once a month after that.

I'm not sure that I'm seeing any differences yet. I started that and installed my new skimmer the same day and my water was crystal clear the next day I'm not sure which to attribute it to.

does the instruction say that skimmer is supposed to be turned off ?

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for update

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does the instruction say that skimmer is supposed to be turned off ?

Yes, for 6 hours, uv and ozone for 48hrs. I dosed in the morning and turned the skimmer off in the evening that time. Today I just set a reminder to turn the skimmer back on.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting find: I dosed yesterday, waited the 6 hours to turn my skimmer back on again, and this morning my water is crystal clear again. I do believe it's tied to the rebiotic. First dose the clarity lasted about 24 hrs before it went back to some particles floating about noticeably (my clowns nest in my zoas on the sand bed and wreak havoc kicking stuff up all day every day). I'm curious to see if this is something that will continue long term as I get through the loading dose stage.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting find: I dosed yesterday, waited the 6 hours to turn my skimmer back on again, and this morning my water is crystal clear again. I do believe it's tied to the rebiotic. First dose the clarity lasted about 24 hrs before it went back to some particles floating about noticeably (my clowns nest in my zoas on the sand bed and wreak havoc kicking stuff up all day every day). I'm curious to see if this is something that will continue long term as I get through the loading dose stage.

What's the instruction? To dose everyday? Or only to use it, when it is needed?

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey,
How was your experience with rebiotic? Worth to try it?

thanks
I'm still using it, I'm on the once a month part of the dosing now and I do feel it helps with clarity and balance in the tank for sure.

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, I started dosing this today, following an extremely harsh treatment for dinos which lasted a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps rebalance my tank, as no doubt the various fauna have taken a hit.

I'll post some updates over the next few weeks.

Dave

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed twice already, still have cyano but water is crystal clear .. My only concern for now is that after 1 hour i still have lots of flakes which is not dissolved . how do you guys handle that?

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed twice already, still have cyano but water is crystal clear .. My only concern for now is that after 1 hour i still have lots of flakes which is not dissolved . how do you guys handle that?

I usually have some flakes in the mixing cup after an hour as well, I pour it all in anyway and it breaks up in the tank with time

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.8%
Back