Fauna marin trace 1,2&3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

patricklhc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm using magnesium chloride, calcium chloride and sodium bicarbonate on a doser. I understand that, with magnesium chloride, I will need to add a dose of magnesium sulfate.

However, when I was reading the balling method manual before I start adding ultra balling light trace 1,2 and 3 into my Mg, ca and alk mixture, it says "The new method does not require magnesium sulphate as it becomes too strongly concentrated and causes ion displacement in the aquarium water."

Could you pls tell me if it's fauna marin balling salt ,or is it the ultra trace 1,2 and 3 or the combination of these 2 fauna marin products that's making the addition of magnesium sulfate not needed?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you add our Balling Light Salts (Ca, Alk, Mg), you do not need to add Magnesium Sulfate to the mix. We removed the Magnesium Sulfate because the accumulation of Sulfate can cause long-term issues. Neither salt or Trace B element is a direct substitute for the Mag Sulfate product.

The Magnesium Chloride mix alone will provide enough Mg for your tank.

OP
OP
P

patricklhc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you add our Balling Light Salts (Ca, Alk, Mg), you do not need to add Magnesium Sulfate to the mix. We removed the Magnesium Sulfate because the accumulation of Sulfate can cause long-term issues. Neither salt or Trace B element is a direct substitute for the Mag Sulfate product.

The Magnesium Chloride mix alone will provide enough Mg for your tank.

Thanks for your reply.

Wouldn't mag chloride alone without mag sulfate cause an imbalance in long term? I may have understand this wrongly.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

The reason we removed Magnesium Sulfate from the Balling Light Method was because over the long term Sulfate will build up and cause problems. Sulfate is already supplied in safe proportions from foods, salt mixes, trace elements, etc. It was this extra Sulfate in the Magnesium mix that causes excess build-up leading to problems.

Dosing with Magnesium Chloride poses no risk of build-up. The FM German headquarters have used the MgCl solution for 10 years now and have yet to encounter any imbalances.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back