Joc.PNG

Narcosis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got interrupta and collini - Love them

fullsizeoutput_6bef.jpeg

Nice Colini! Do you know where is it from/collected?

My favourite Centropyge are Aurantia, Colini and... Venustus and multifasciata if they are allowed :)

Larz_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
Potter's
I love mine (as you can see by my avatar - not my picture).
Never had a problem with nipping at anything in my tank.
Potters Angelfish.jpg

Last edited:

Larz_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always like the potters... how are they to acclimate and get feeding?

I got mine from LiveAquaria Divers Den. They have them eating before you get them. My Potters was eating the moment I got him into the quarantine tank.
I highly recommend Divers Den.

Steve Fast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from LiveAquaria Divers Den. They have them eating before you get them. My Potters was eating the moment I got him into the quarantine tank.

Thanks. Thanks very helpful. In a 525 gallon system do you think a Potter's would mix well with a flame, Coral beauty, Dusty, yellow, and flameback

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When your at the LA/DD website take a look at the regular LA site fish choices also, sometimes the prices there are cheaper than the DD for the same fish. I've noticed this a few times even on inverts.

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Chad

Nice Jocs :p (not sure if you know but here is Australia "jocks" are known as underwear lol)

Any luck spawning and raising eggs with those guys?
I've gotten them to day 77 a few years ago. One of my first angelfish we worked with. I finally have my own pair now, so we expect to raise them when they begin spawning.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angel, without a doubt. However there are some beautiful centropyges, it's a flip of the coin as to whether they will lunch out on your coral or not (or in the case of flames, turn into a raging, fin nipping sociopath).

OP
OP
K

kangadrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a pair of REALLY nice-looking Coral Beauties wins the pool for me.
Interruptus are beautiful, so are Shepardi - but for me I think the Coral Beauty takes the cake :)

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angel, without a doubt. However there are some beautiful centropyges, it's a flip of the coin as to whether they will lunch out on your coral or not (or in the case of flames, turn into a raging, fin nipping sociopath).

Yeah, been there, done that. My fish got to the point where if he got anywhere near them they would get out of the way very quickly:

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, been there, done that. My fish got to the point where if he got anywhere near them they would get out of the way very quickly:

The first flame I had was as shy as a mouse. Never bothered anything. In fact, he even "paired up" with the yellow tang. The two were inseparable! They'd go everywhere together. No aggression at all. Never touched a coral or a fin.

The second one was the polar opposite. A total sociopathic lunatic. Nothing was safe, he would relentlessly pursue and hunt down and attack my regal angel or anything else that attracted his ire. I think he was a sixline, reincarnate.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite centropyge is the Centropyge Boylei (Peppermint Angelfish).
But I would settle for
Centropyge Interrupta. I have a pair. Beautiful social fish. Even show mating behavior at night.
Multibar Angelfish is something I would have to try again. Bought a pair from LA, couldn't get them to in. Didn't make it.
Flame Angelfish. Common fish but with the striking red, it definitely draws attention.
Female
original.jpg

Male
original.jpg

Mating behavior at dusk.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back