Favorite Centropyge?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I would settle for
Centropyge Interrupta. I have a pair. Beautiful social fish. Even show mating behavior at night.

Wow, gorgeous. Can I ask what temperature you keep them at? Also, where did you find a pair like that?

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the pair from Pacific Island Aquatic. My tank temperature is 76F. For the 2 months or so of summer, it may swing up to 79F but for the rest of the year, it's in the range of 76. The tank is in the basement. I have to heat up the tank more than cooling it.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite centropyge is the Centropyge Boylei (Peppermint Angelfish).
But I would settle for
Centropyge Interrupta. I have a pair. Beautiful social fish. Even show mating behavior at night.
Multibar Angelfish is something I would have to try again. Bought a pair from LA, couldn't get them to in. Didn't make it.
Flame Angelfish. Common fish but with the striking red, it definitely draws attention.
Female
original.jpg

Male
original.jpg

Mating behavior at dusk.

That's a beautiful C Interrupta!

I've never seen Centropyge Boylei before in any LFS or aquarium. I'd love to have either in my aquarium, how do you find them with coral and aggression?

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a beautiful C Interrupta!

I've never seen Centropyge Boylei before in any LFS or aquarium. I'd love to have either in my aquarium, how do you find them with coral and aggression?

The Boylei? I don't know, I've never seen it in person either. While I was in Japan, I went to Blue Harbor fish factory in Osaka in hope to see one in person. However, they did not have it. They did have a pair of stuffed animal Boylei(Peppermint) and I took a picture with those instead. :D
I went to Maui, HI a couple times but I never made the trip to Waikiki to see the Peppermint angel at their aquarium.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I am not very demanding. The Coral Beauty would be my choice, it's hard to argue against them in terms of bang for buck type value:

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Boylei? I don't know, I've never seen it in person either. While I was in Japan, I went to Blue Harbor fish factory in Osaka in hope to see one in person. However, they did not have it. They did have a pair of stuffed animal Boylei(Peppermint) and I took a picture with those instead. :D
I went to Maui, HI a couple times but I never made the trip to Waikiki to see the Peppermint angel at their aquarium.

LOL, I read that they are very rare and have only been seen in a particular spot in the wild. Taking rare fish from the ocean doesn't interest me, I'd rather they were in the ocean, although they are a beautiful fish.

I am seriously interested in some interrupa though. :)

Coral beauties are also lovely :)

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had coral beauty, flame, bicolor but by far specialy with my blue LEDs at night the Potters angel, had this guy for a few weeks tryin got get him to eat no luck but he’s been loving munching on LRs for algae

D7991CE7-5873-4822-9A9F-A4CA80569DA0.jpeg

1C3E513C-7185-4AB7-B332-423F9C4401C4.jpeg

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potter's are gorgeous and I would love one but their more delicate nature and significantly higher cost has kept me off of them. I may give one a try after my coral beauty passes on.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back