Favorite, CHEAPER, lower priced powerheads for flow?

BRS

Price range of the lowest price powerhead in your aquarium?

• $25 or less

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • $50 or less

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • $100 or less

Votes: 89 27.8%
  • $150 or less

Votes: 29 9.1%
  • I don’t have any cheaper powerheads

Votes: 97 30.3%

• Total voters

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I only have 1 power head and it's a tunze 6045, which goes for around $88 at BRS. Although it is not a programmable variable flow, the flow can be adjusted manually. It is quiet and reliable and has been in use for years.

badonkadonk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Used to run Tunzes years ago, switched to Jebao (various series of the biggest 5k+ GPH models) maybe 8 years ago and have found the reliability/price to be good. I've also started running some Sunsun powerheads over the past year or two and they've been very reliable so far. Only $8-$15 at PA, and only a few watts. I use them in constant on applications and turn off the higher flow pumps at night (I also keep on a gyre - also Jebao, also good).

PeterErc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Maxi-jet mods were fun Went through a bunch brands but Tunze are the best for longevity, performance and customer service is fantastic. The 6025 are good to mod if you like to tinker. I had a pile of the Jenao wp40 and giving them another shot With the ow-40. Time will tell but I can guarantee they won’t outlast the Tunze power heads that have been going for years.

Falreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can’t go wrong with jebaos. When they stop, just soak them a few days in pump cleaner powder in RODI water. Then rinse thoroughly and they will be as good as new. I think BRS sells that pump cleaner from fauna Marin.

Jebao are best bang for the buck.
They even have wifi controlled versions now. 1/4 the price of MP10 to 40s. With as much or more control.

BRS

How will you use the R2R App?

• IOS Device

Votes: 281 55.8%
  • Android Device

Votes: 166 32.9%
  • Neither, I'll still use the desktop or mobile version I use now!

Votes: 57 11.3%
Torch SALE