Favorite CUC member?

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I sit here and enjoy a beer-mosa / brass monkey on this Friday evening (That is right beer and OJ.. dont knock it till you try it..) and I look at my tank. I laugh at my tuxedo urchin carrying a piece of red macroalgae on its back and see that the macro has actually grown since he began carrying it!

My tuxedo urchin, who needs a name, in my opinion truly does the work when it comes to cleaning the King Tide Lagoon! He/she can toss some frags around at times, but overall does all the work to keep the tank clean.

I am starting this thread to ask you all, what is your favorite clean up crew member?

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 6.05.41 PM.png

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a doubt fighting conches. I love watching them, love the trails they leave in the sand, love how freaked out people get even to point them out. It's got a darn trunk people!

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I sit here and enjoy a beer-mosa / brass monkey on this Friday evening (That is right beer and OJ.. dont knock it till you try it..) and I look at my tank. I laugh at my tuxedo urchin carrying a piece of red macroalgae on its back and see that the macro has actually grown since he began carrying it!

My tuxedo urchin, who needs a name, in my opinion truly does the work when it comes to cleaning the King Tide Lagoon! He/she can toss some frags around at times, but overall does all the work to keep the tank clean.

I am starting this thread to ask you all, what is your favorite clean up crew member?

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 6.05.41 PM.png
My peppermint shrimp ATM, wreaking havoc on the aiptasia.

Now back to the real question, Beer in OJ? What type of beer? How much OJ per can are we talking? These details are important if I am going to embark on this new quest!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now back to the real question, Beer in OJ? What type of beer? How much OJ per can are we talking? These details are important if I am going to embark on this new quest!
Peppermint shrimp for the win! If they can get to eating aiptasia it is a whole new level!

Also... cheap beer usually.. a pilsner is best.. I love it with the local beer up here (Rainier) but a good one is Coors Light.. Thats right cheap and delicious! A dash of OJ not a lot but enough to put a little orange tint to the drink.. trust me best morning drink ever.. I drink em all the time though LOL

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a doubt fighting conches. I love watching them, love the trails they leave in the sand, love how freaked out people get even to point them out. It's got a darn trunk people!
Their eyes.. hilarious and sometimes they have THREE!

200.gif

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stomatella snails. They were free and breed like crazy.

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always enjoyed hermits, preferably bright colored ones although I have had a hard time finding them locally since I started back up in the hobby again. I have actually thought about trying to order some colorful ones online. It's just always interesting to focus in deeper past the swimming fish and see what they are doing.

As for the beer combo I won’t hate it, my wife and I went to a German brunch restaurant in DC and they mixed beer with sprite and coke as well as juice and it was not bad at all. Of course this was for breakfast after a night of drinking.

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely my peppermint shrimp. I love watching the little guys sway in the current. They’ve been kinda mean to my new bubble tip nem but I could never hate them and just need to feed them more.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Citrus beer is good .

both in the picture below are citrus and served with a orange slice

Attachments

• 6F91E82C-45E9-44E6-ACA7-A35660187E8C.jpeg
    6F91E82C-45E9-44E6-ACA7-A35660187E8C.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 26
  • 8F473FFC-D7DD-465A-901D-BA2E08D01D05.png
    8F473FFC-D7DD-465A-901D-BA2E08D01D05.png
    732.5 KB · Views: 33

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely my favorite has been my two decorator urchins!

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My three conches. The three stooges. They often hang out together… never had them before and so unexpectedly cool. Love my tux urchin too.. and I have a Halloween hermit who I named Mexican Joker… that one is super cool also. It’s moved into an empty conch shell.

Back