• Others (comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm looking to get a mandarin fish as my last fish when my tank is completely established and filled with copepods in the refugium. I'm interested to see which type of mandarin are your favorites. The dragonets I've included in the poll are all from Liveaquaria.

c-horse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can train dragonets to eat frozen food. Search youtubes of people doing so within in two weeks. I plan to do it once my mated pair arrives. I like the the ruby red the most.

OP
OP
Tnops

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can train dragonets to eat frozen food. Search youtubes of people doing so within in two weeks. I plan to do it once my mated pair arrives. I like the the ruby red the most.
Sounds good at first but I’ve heard that live copepods will make things a lot easier for you and your fish and that you will have to feed frozen very very frequently

c-horse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They feed very frequently on copepods because the copepods a small, but for larger things like frozen mysis they only need to be fed once a day.

T_rad21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also heard they have to constantly feed on copepods because they are so small, but one daily feeding of frozen bloodworms or mysis shrimp is plenty

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby Red Dragonets are my favorite! Especially if you have a ton of blue light in your tank, the ruby red just POPS. Sometimes the Green Mandarin can even appear faded out under blue lights... I actually made a video on mine, you should check it out :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back