Favorite easy sps/with pics

steveschuerger

Avowed Goni freak
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2021
Messages
27,081
Reaction score
73,179
Location
West Metro Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there all just thought I’d share a few pics of my Bubblegum Digi and Milka Stylophora.

IMG_4121.jpeg IMG_4131.jpeg IMG_4130.jpeg IMG_4116.jpeg IMG_4115.jpeg
 
My first SPS is a Forest Fire Digitata so it's special to me as well. I don't see the green in it anymore though.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250120_065515575.jpg
    PXL_20250120_065515575.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20250118_204429550_exported_500.jpg
    PXL_20250118_204429550_exported_500.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 77
My first SPS is a Forest Fire Digitata so it's special to me as well. I don't see the green in it anymore though.
Well in the bubblegum in particular those are growth nodes. Yours look plenty healthy tho, so I wouldn’t be too concerned.
 
Next time I take pics it’ll be from a new IM Nuvo 20 long AIO as my Cube cracked in back after a small earthquake we had in eastern Mass this morning
 
Love the bubblegum!

I think Anacropora is “supposed” to be easy, and a fast grower. I just picked up two frags, RRC Goldenrod and JF TNT

We’ll see!

8BCD4A23-0175-429D-B1AE-1E4FECC0B95D.jpeg
6852D9CC-C0F9-48DC-A48D-42436617BEA5.jpeg
The frag of anacropora I recently added grows daily. I can literally see new growth everyday. It's an insanely fast grower BUT it doesn't encrust.
 
Green goblin grows like a weed. 1.5 “ frag into cantaloupe sized in like a year. Had to chop it down.

20230815_214553580_iOS.jpeg
 
The frag of anacropora I recently added grows daily. I can literally see new growth everyday. It's an insanely fast grower BUT it doesn't encrust.
That’s super interesting I wouldn’t have guessed that. So a big colony grows off a tiny stalk? I don’t see long term success this way
 
Green goblin grows like a weed. 1.5 “ frag into cantaloupe sized in like a year. Had to chop it down.

20230815_214553580_iOS.jpeg
Wow ok. Ok. Ok.

So I need to pick good placement. With room to spare. Nooo problem…I got this lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new