Favorite Live Sale Vendors

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biokabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biokabe

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
2,562
Reaction score
3,638
Location
Tacoma, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love a live sale. Yeah, it's frustrating sometimes when people beat you to the punch, but the camaraderie in the threads is fun, the thrill of the chase is fun, and it's nice to get a deal on some nice pieces.

That said - money is always a limited resource, the thrill of the chase can sometimes cause you to make rash decisions, and the deals are not always as good as they seem. So a lot of the value of a live sale depends on the quality of the vendor. Are the deals actually good? Is the livestock good long-term? Do you actually get what you think you're getting? And how on-point is their meme game?

For myself - my two favorite live sale vendors are probably WWC and Living Reef Orlando. For WWC... The prices aren't always amazing, but the threads are always a blast and the selection is incredible. They run the thread well, and their livestock is good. For LRO - well, it's been a while since I've done one of theirs, I don't seem to find out about them until it's already over. But the few that I did, the corals were fire, the prices were great and it was a bit more laid-back than a WWC live sale thread, so I could take 20 seconds to think about whether I wanted something, rather than the 1 second you have to consider a WWC drop.

With that said, which live sales live up to the hype? Who are you there for every time, and who do you filter out?
 
No live sales for me. I tried once but just couldn't waste that much time out if my day refreshing a screen over and over.

My feeling exactly. I never see ones that I would want before someone else. Its just a way to make people feel like they are going to miss out so the desire to purchase to beat someone else is higher.

I normally do my big purchases at a local frag swap that happens once a year. There are a bunch of Poto frags I want but the prices are much higher than I would like to pay.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new