Favorite radion settings for lps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisv.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2012
Messages
3,444
Reaction score
3,843
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I've spent most of my time in the hobby focusing on SPS corals, and now I've set up a tank just for lps. The tank is a 40 gallon cube that will be lit by a single radion gen4 xr30pro.

I'm wondering if there is either a preset balance of LEDs or a collective favorite program that people like to use to really bring out the colors of lps. I plan to keep most of the standards: various favia/favities, goniopora, platygyra, micromussa and probably one of the gold or HG torch corals.

I typically like the ab+ color balance for SPS, but I know that a bluer tank will bring out the fluorescence a lot better.

So what do you guys use?

Any suggestions on par for the genera I listed?
 
Hi All, I've spent most of my time in the hobby focusing on SPS corals, and now I've set up a tank just for lps. The tank is a 40 gallon cube that will be lit by a single radion gen4 xr30pro.

I'm wondering if there is either a preset balance of LEDs or a collective favorite program that people like to use to really bring out the colors of lps. I plan to keep most of the standards: various favia/favities, goniopora, platygyra, micromussa and probably one of the gold or HG torch corals.

I typically like the ab+ color balance for SPS, but I know that a bluer tank will bring out the fluorescence a lot better.

So what do you guys use?

Any suggestions on par for the genera I listed?
Look up WWC presets that are down loadable through mobius. They run a very blue. Spectrum
 
Just like acros but lower overall intensity so sandbed is 80-100 par. Reduce white. Increase the blue channels and violet
 
I keep all my torches around 180 par. Not on purpose. Just happens to be the par levels the shelves are at. I have a variety from multiple areas of the world, multiple colors and types, and they all do very well in this range so I would comfortably recommend it.

82C65234-1F37-447D-A600-B6704846833E.jpeg
275D43C4-931E-4704-AF67-FD0AFE186755.jpeg



This cotton candy is in 150 par, it’s happy there as well
4F38CDB9-A6D5-4A4B-812B-C948A4348321.jpeg
 
I don’t use radions (I use reefbreeders photons v2) but the channels are similar and I feel my experience is high enough where I could give general advice and guidance
 
Pre-built LPS/Soft template at 30% intensity
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new