Favorite rimless aquarium brand

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8F1232AB-0ABE-49BC-A8B2-84D37FB3CABD.jpeg
I currently own a Red Sea reefer nano. It is my first tank with a sump, and I am looking to upgrade. Looking at another Red Sea reefer, but I was wondering what else is out there?

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ELOS and SCA Aquariums both make rimless tanks. I ordered a Euro brace from SCA last month because I wanted the extra support. Or and WaterBox too, but I don’t like their marketing

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, ELOS, SCA Aquariums and Miracles, Red Sea, Innovative Marine, Deep blue, Waterbox..... then you get into custom manufacturers....

OP
OP
p1u5h13r4m24

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I really like the dimensions of the reefer 450. Waterbox dimensions aren’t very attractive to me. We seems to go with more width and less length. I will look into the others mentioned!

OP
OP
p1u5h13r4m24

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I really like the dimensions of the reefer 450. Wb seems nice, but they seem to favor depths rather than length with their dimensions. I will look into the other tanks. Thank you all!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking at custom, Planet Aquariums made my rimless, and did an excellent job.

Tripptastic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ELOS and SCA Aquariums both make rimless tanks. I ordered a Euro brace from SCA last month because I wanted the extra support. Or and WaterBox too, but I don’t like their marketing
I totally agree with you on their lack of QUALITY marketing. For example, their biggest competition is basically the Red Sea Reefer since the tanks are basically the same (tank, stand, sump package deal) and when you look online, Red Sea has made a TON of professionally recorded videos about the tanks and the features. A potential buyer is able to see the tank from every angle. Even BRS has made a handful of Spotlight videos on the Red Sea tanks and set up. If Waterbox was smart, they would send BRS a tank or two and let them set them up and play with them. I have become spoiled by BRS and their video content. Whereas Waterbox looks like they do most of their filming on a cell phone.

With all that being said, I did order a Waterbox Reef 70.2 and I'm super excited. I decided them because I appreciated many of the features that they offered. Hopefully I will get my tank in the next week, and then I will start a thread so other people on the fence can see the tank first hand.

JoeyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree with you on their lack of QUALITY marketing. For example, their biggest competition is basically the Red Sea Reefer since the tanks are basically the same (tank, stand, sump package deal) and when you look online, Red Sea has made a TON of professionally recorded videos about the tanks and the features. A potential buyer is able to see the tank from every angle. Even BRS has made a handful of Spotlight videos on the Red Sea tanks and set up. If Waterbox was smart, they would send BRS a tank or two and let them set them up and play with them. I have become spoiled by BRS and their video content. Whereas Waterbox looks like they do most of their filming on a cell phone.

With all that being said, I did order a Waterbox Reef 70.2 and I'm super excited. I decided them because I appreciated many of the features that they offered. Hopefully I will get my tank in the next week, and then I will start a thread so other people on the fence can see the tank first hand.

So with that being said why decide with Waterbox? I am also making a decision on whether to go with RedSea or Waterbox but to me it looks like Waterbox has made some nice changes on their setup from Tank to the cabinet so as of now I am leaning to Waterbox, I am sure that in a short time they will improve their marketing techniques. I do appreciate their attempt in a short time to publish a large amount of videos compared to the time that RedSea has been in the market.

kkegley21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems I am not the only one looking at all of these tanks. I don’t like the Red Sea sumps and the size of the compartments in their cabinets.

Tripptastic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with that being said why decide with Waterbox? I am also making a decision on whether to go with RedSea or Waterbox but to me it looks like Waterbox has made some nice changes on their setup from Tank to the cabinet so as of now I am leaning to Waterbox, I am sure that in a short time they will improve their marketing techniques. I do appreciate their attempt in a short time to publish a large amount of videos compared to the time that RedSea has been in the market.
For me, I choose Waterbox because 1) They are the new kids on the block, with a name to make. They will accomplish this by having features that their competition doesn't have. 2) I have ALWAYS wanted a square or cube tank, and the 70.2 satisfied that desire. With the 24x24 nominal footprint, it fits perfect in my living room. Check out my build thread, it's slow but only because I'm a perfectionist.

Tripptastic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll add one caveat. Waterbox has seriously stepped up their videos. While I don't care for the live stream, they have gotten rid of the cell phones for shooting video and have stepped it up to a professional recorder and looks like they built a set too.

Their website looks amazing now, I just wished they offered more pictures on their equipment online. I still vote that they need to give a tank to Marine Depot or BRS, and let them do a feature video on it. Both companies make great videos!

JoeyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll add one caveat. Waterbox has seriously stepped up their videos. While I don't care for the live stream, they have gotten rid of the cell phones for shooting video and have stepped it up to a professional recorder and looks like they built a set too.

Their website looks amazing now, I just wished they offered more pictures on their equipment online. I still vote that they need to give a tank to Marine Depot or BRS, and let them do a feature video on it. Both companies make great videos!

I agree now that Marine Depot is selling Waterbox I am sure we will see some videos from them. I have decided to go with the 170. 4 and hope to have some posting by the end of the year.

JoeyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree now that Marine Depot is selling Waterbox I am sure we will see some videos from them. I have decided to go with the 170. 4 and hope to have some posting by the end of the year.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back