Feather Duster Fallen and Can't Get UP!

Habachi_Grill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I recently picked up a feather duster at my Lfs last week. Last night I noticed the worm was crawling out of the shell and this morning was on the FLOOR in the corner!. I am running a IM 14g Peninsula where the worm is placed in the bottom left corner beneath the overflow. In terms of feeding, I would spot feed live phytoplankton that I culture along with baby brime shrimp and pieces of mysis (usually for my other fish).

In terms of water condition, 34 Salinity, 25 celsius, 8.1 PH, 1500 Magnesium, Nitrate at 5-10, Phosphate is extremely high at 131. (I am actively using phosphate remover about 1ml every other day to slowly lower with water changes and will be throwing in macro algae )

What would be my best course of action? I have read those who say:
- attempt to put it back in the tube
- cover it with sand
- move to a new location with current
- throw the worm away because it is dead
- change water to adjust water parameters

Please check in and help me out as I would love to keep little fella if possible. But I was leaning toward just covering with sand temporarily then move toward 5gal water change in my tank

tempImagenNdqQd.png tempImageYgRo8m.png

OP
OP
H

Habachi_Grill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it still moving?
Yes, still moving!

Current plan to action was to cover with sand temporarily. Will observe over the next couple of days and may resort to using a boba straw to help guide into a safe place of hiding! Will continue to feed Live Phyto along with target feeding rods food! Will keep you all posted on progress

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back