Feather Duster left its tube-Updated

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I just noticed one of my 3 feather dusters has left it's tube, after being in the same place for 3 months. He's alive, moving around and still has his crown.

Water testing is to par. No change in lighting or habits.
I don't think any of the fish has been picking on it.

Any ideas why it left its tube? Will it be OK?
Anything I can do for it?

IMG_8289.JPG
 
he looks bleached?
Thats really weird, Ive never seen one like that before :eek:
 
his color was always neon green, since the day I got him from LA. LA called it "Yellow Dwarf Feather Duster"
 
He's unhappy with his location. He's trying to find another, but he's super vulnerable.
 
It likely left its tube because it is stressed but hard to say why. Best thing is to just leave it or nudge it to a safe place and hope it rebuilds the tube. Really not anything you can do to force it to recover.
 
It's been a week since he left his tube. He's still without tube, and still alive. I've seen him move around and still has his crown on.

I thought it'd take a few days for them to make a new tube. What can I do at this point?
 
Mine abandoned his tube also after a few months. He is now happily attached in the back of the tank where I can't really see him. He set up shop in low flow, low light.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new