Feather duster question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ASIN28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ASIN28

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Messages
471
Reaction score
228
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just added a feather duster today and caught my foxface messing with it and I believe he punctured a hole into the shell. The feather duster look like it’s trying to come out however the crown is coming out a hole in the shell rather then the end. Is it going to be ok, and will it open out of the top?
Thanks

AAA48E73-0DCE-4E7D-AB7E-788F1D648CE4.jpeg
 
Should be fine. There is a worm within that should be able to extend through it
 
Make sure you don't have any shrimp.

I had to remove all my shrimp....when I added Xmas Tree Worms and Featherdusters, when I put them in my pipefish tank......the shrimp will constantly pick at the worms, trying to eat them.

Either they'll get the worms inside - or stress the worms out and it'll just die :(
 
Should be fine. There is a worm within that should be able to extend through it
See again today it looks to be trying to come out but gets stuck in that other hole.
 

Attachments

  • 8DCCEDC0-7939-4E6D-810D-27458BCA6310.jpeg
    8DCCEDC0-7939-4E6D-810D-27458BCA6310.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 47
See again today it looks to be trying to come out but gets stuck in that other hole.
Let it take its course. These are fascinating creatures that are self sufficient
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new