Fed Ex screw up seller / buyer resposibility

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this somehow changes the underlying ethical principle? No, it doesn't.
[...]
You're saying LiveAquaria has their guarantee policy because they're ethical? They may very well be, but my point was that other things besides ethics contribute to a seller's guarantee policy. And to imply that a seller is not ethical for having a different policy is simply fallacious (read: denying the antecedent) and a little judgmental, imo.

OP
OP
M

mgny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real simple guys, the buyer gets lip because he left living critters at his door to die period!!!!!! Gave them no shot to survive and that just sucks !!!!!!!! I guarantee you this he won't let that happen again. And let me say the guy is an honest guy, not a bad guy at all but, he needed to hear how it should work when some your dealing with livestock. If you leave it to die than maybe thye hobby isn't for you or maybe you should stay away from having live stuff shipped to you.

Macon Thanks for your generosity but not nessesary. And Roger you need to think about your statement... 2nd day out of his control???? He left living stuff to die, Man that just sucks....... period

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't either, my friend. I don't either.

There is no portion of this situation that makes sense to me. Not one single part of it. I suspect that no amount of analysis is going to make any of this any clearer.

I have contacted the seller, and have every intention of covering the monetary considerations here.

Once the cash consideration is off the table, maybe everyone can step back and reflect on what is really important.

-----
I'm out. Pretend I was never here.

Wow! Very generous offer.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real simple guys, the buyer gets lip because he left living critters at his door to die period!!!!!! Gave them no shot to survive and that just sucks !!!!!!!! I guarantee you this he won't let that happen again. And let me say the guy is an honest guy, not a bad guy at all but, he needed to hear how it should work when some your dealing with livestock. If you leave it to die than maybe thye hobby isn't for you or maybe you should stay away from having live stuff shipped to you.

Macon Thanks for your generosity but not nessesary. And Roger you need to think about your statement... 2nd day out of his control???? He left living stuff to die, Man that just sucks....... period

You would think if nothing else he could have maybe had a friend or relative at least float the bags or something....JMO

OP
OP
M

mgny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you go Dougers. One of those deals in life you either get or you don't but for the people who don't you will always get a little lip about from me. Like i said before i guarantee you he won't do that again so Roger thats why he gets the lip. Hopefully enough reefers especially new reefers will see this and understand it's a 2 way street when ordering livestock and make sure you can handle a delay properly. End of the day he will be getting a new set of frags with some extras for his troubles. He did offer me some comp so it's all good. Glad i finally posted this .... the same thing happened last year, so more people will get the whole livestock delivery thing.

And Macon, it's saturday man, love your passion, have a couple of beers and chill... thanks again for your offer. Mike

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm not available to accept a shipment, I don't ship. If it would get delayed some reason, I'd have a neighbor or one of my parental units come by and float the bag until I got home.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back