FedEx Is Terrible Right Now!

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw the shipper (not the shipping company) is responsible for getting you what you delivered (Perishable goods in non perished condition). Get a refund. These disclaimers about “not liable for delays” are all BS.

sucks these things happen and die but don’t take the financial hit from it as well.

mistb2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time in the past month that I have ordered corals with overnight shipping and it took FedEx multiple days for them to be delivered. Seems like they get stuck in Memphis (I am in PA).

For this most recent order, they were shipped on Monday and tracking says they will arrive today (Thursday). The order is a purple stylo and stag. What are the odds they are still alive when they arrive?
This has happened to me twice! FedEx said I wasn’t home when I was right next to my door waiting. I had to drive to the airport on a wild goose chase . FedEx lied and said my corals were still at the warehouse, when I got to the warehouse, they said it was on the truck. I lost it and they finally found my corals that included my queen conch.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has happened to me twice! FedEx said I wasn’t home when I was right next to my door waiting. I had to drive to the airport on a wild goose chase . FedEx lied and said my corals were still at the warehouse, when I got to the warehouse, they said it was on the truck. I lost it and they finally found my corals that included my queen conch.

FedEx lied about "attempted delivery" as well. I offered to share the entire day feed from our camera showing no delivery and if that would hold the driver who claimed he made an attempt accountable. They just hung up.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, I had a ghost delivery where they just stuck the door tag on the door so they didn't have to wait for me to answer the door. It was Friday so I had to go to the FedEx depot to get my package. The guy at the counter suggested that my doorbell was broken and I told him that since it was wireless I could bring it there. He told me he didn't like my attitude.

Today, I would have calmly left and driven my car through the storefront like the Terminator.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw the shipper (not the shipping company) is responsible for getting you what you delivered (Perishable goods in non perished condition). Get a refund. These disclaimers about “not liable for delays” are all BS.

sucks these things happen and die but don’t take the financial hit from it as well.

At the height of the delays, earlier in the yr FedEx put a pause on their refund policy for late delivery.

A couple mo ago it was lifted, sort of. They only honor it if you can provide your FedEx account number for them to reverse the charge directly to your account......

Last edited:

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the height of the delays, earlier in the yr FedEx put a pause on their refund policy for late delivery.

A couple mo ago it was lifted, sort of. They only honor it if you can provide your FedEx account number for them to reverse the charge directly to your account......
That is the shippers issue. Not yours. You didn’t pay fedex.
Just like shipping insurance. That is for the shipper not the person receiving it. Always funny when companies try to get you to pay extra for it when it isn’t your issue anyways.

mb165

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like shipping insurance. That is for the shipper not the person receiving it. Always funny when companies try to get you to pay extra for it when it isn’t your issue anyways.

Yep, it's unfortunate to see the majority of vendors have the classic policy of "We are not responsible for carrier delays". I paid for a product in living condition and it's the vendors responsibility regardless of what Fedex does.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually I was the shipper, and I ended up eating the cost to make multiple refunds/replacements.

The only way to navigate it that has worked for me this yr is to ship in a larger unibody box with 2x as much water in the bags

Had one last WK. In state, 400mi away, no planes or hubs and they barely delivered before 5pm when they give up and take it back to the local distribution center for the night...

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with what you are saying, but unfortunately right now nobody is getting refunded on late FedEx of any kind unless you are a high volume commercial shipper, and even then it's dicey.

Finiship is who I get labels from, they spin a ton of them. When I reached out to them they said they were getting the same run around.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suffice to say there really isn't a reliable way to pack frags, especially Acros for a 48hr-72hr journey.

Even with the bigger box and more water, I was about 50/50 survival at 48hrs or beyond.

And FedEx wasnt any more likely to refund me at 72hra vs 28.

All the phone lines are scrubbed off the site and when you do find one and call, you only have access to ppl in a call center in the Philippines that are not authorized to refund,

And the script they read to you repeats that your package will be delivered as soon as possible but there is no way to tell when.

nor are 3layers above them including a layer in the US. Ask me how I know.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is only the second time I have tried to purchase online and have it shipped.
First was for a battle corals growout contest. Arrived a day late with damaged box and no water in the bag, coral dead.
Just ordered another and it was to be delivered overnight today.
It still shows back east at 5pm today.
If it shows tomorrow im not expecting good results.
The problem is I am forced to buy and have shipped if I want anything decent.
Local lfs's do not get any specific type or higher end corals.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back