Feed back and mods pulling posts

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I don't understand when a vendor is asking for people to show pics of there corals and respond with there comments why are only the negative comments pulled. If vendor feedback is suppose to be restricted to only vendor feedback then positive comments should also be moved to that area as well. Its unfair to our community of reefers. The vendor feedback area is not the easiest to find yet the area where sponsors advertise is front and center. If they ask for the feedback then they should be prepared for the good and bad they may recieve. Many people following those threads considering buying may purchase without the benefit of having an unbiased opinion because only positive reviews appear in those threads. I know most vendors may never have an issue but in the event that one arises its beneficial to the community of reefers as a whole to see how the situation is handled. I value other reefers opinions and how situations are handled. As long as it sticks to the topic and there are no vulgar words exchanged the posts should remain especially when the sponsor is begging for it to be done.

This is mainly in regards to the mr coral acan pack where some of the criticisms on packs were pulled. They weren't unfair or rude gave there. Honest opinions at which point in the vendor feedback area a vendor took a tone with a member of the reef2reef society that was uncalled for. I would expect that the community is more important then any one sponsor because with out all of us reefers this site would not exist. Sponsors or not. Sponsors should be held to a higher expectation then members. I feel this could have been handled better and after reading through the posts of how badly he wanted feedback only to have it changed because it wasn't all positive. This community is to help reefers and give a true account of how things go in our tanks and experiences. If no negative response can be posted then no positive should be posted either so that everyone will look to vendor feedback to see how things go.

Last edited:

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump and I agree. It isn't fair that only positive comments are allowed.

As a community, we should be able to post positive and negative experiences from a vendor/sponsor. How else are we supposed to grow as a community if only positive feedback is allowed?

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignoring problems and allowing vendors to appear flawless isn't Helpn anyone especially when it can make a company or vs or look even better

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely agree I recently spent money with a sponsor who I will not name I'm not here to complain but I ordered from the sponsor because he was on this site I didn't find any significant bad feedback on this site about the vender and felt it was safe making an order from them. I was wrong and it hurt how I view Reef2Reef. I'm only here to help and have fun

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to the vendor and seller feedback forums, feedback is allowed for the members involved, especially when it is negative. Part of the reason for this is to allow both parties to air out the grievances in the public. However, we do not allow members not directly involved in the situation to chime in. This can create a mob type mentality which only exacerbates the situation and people that may not have ever had experience chime in.

That being said, you will see in the feedback forums that is both positive and negative. Members are encouraged to leave feedback both positive and negative. The staff does not remove negative threads.

Also, feedback posts are not permitted to be posted in other areas of the forum. Most of the time, the posts are moved to the appropriate feedback forums.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely agree with most all stated above and will take a look at the mentioned Thread(s), I do recall seeing the many 'Reported Posts' sent to me though usually somewhat ignore the ones on High $ Coral Vendors as being 'not my thing'. I to think that our or any Sponsors/Vendors should accept the 'Bad with the Good' being on any Open Forums as long as it stays civil and on topic. Being brutally honest I'm often 'not a favorite Mod' to some Vendors so I'll see how this goes, check out the 'Vendor Feedback' and get back to you on this one.

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i beg to differ unfortunately all you need to do is scroll through the area where vendors advertise packs and sell them and theres plenty of good feedback all of that should then be moved everyday to vendor feedbqck to be completely fair. Why in the post i mentioned are people allowed to say good things and post pictures but as soon as theres something negative and the vendor jumps down the throat of a registered member who in my opinion was being polite gets moved to vendor feesback while all the goood comments are allowed to stay seems like someone is stacking the deck in favor of the vendors. Please do as you said and remove all positive posts everyday from the vendors area where they post frags and regularly recieve comments. If that cant be done id love to hear why. After all you just stated that it was r2r policy that all vendor feedback be moved

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it wont happen but it allows a vendor that may not have as good of a reputation to seem as though he does and then in a smaller less noticed area where readers may not check as often, bully and act unprofessional without a mod looking out for the reefers that make this site run. This logic is beyond me. I love this site and almost every vendor i wont bash them if i have a disagreement i will pm or email them. However as a christian and an honest and good man i cant understand how a policy like this exists thats distorts and allows unfair views of a vendor. Im sure they have enough vendors if they had to suspend one or warn them it would probably get the point acrossed. Being on this site as a vendor should be a privledge not a payment. They are given access to the one of the biggest forums in the us and world for our hobby. They need us we dont need them.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it wont happen but it allows a vendor that may not have as good of a reputation to seem as though he does and then in a smaller less noticed area where readers may not check as often, bully and act unprofessional without a mod looking out for the reefers that make this site run. This logic is beyond me. I love this site and almost every vendor i wont bash them if i have a disagreement i will pm or email them. However as a christian and an honest and good man i cant understand how a policy like this exists thats distorts and allows unfair views of a vendor. Im sure they have enough vendors if they had to suspend one or warn them it would probably get the point acrossed. Being on this site as a vendor should be a privledge not a payment. They are given access to the one of the biggest forums in the us and world for our hobby. They need us we dont need them.

Please if you see posts, whether it is a vendor or member, that is bullying or in the case of a vendor unprofessional please report it. The staff will most certainly look into it and we are looking into it.

Unfortunately, we do not see every post, but we do look into every post that gets reported.

As far as feedback and positive posts in sponsor forums, depending on the instance they are allowed. Many times a sponsor will ask members to share their purchases of items that they bought in that thread. Since this keeps the thread on track, they are permitted to stay.

Now, when it comes to negative feedback threads and posts, that is a different story. It does no good for the poster who wants resolution and to air out their grievances in the sponsor forum. This is done best in the feedback forum. If you had negative feedback about a site sponsor, would you want the supporters chiming in and saying how great that sponsor is? This would cause your post to get lost and no resolution. In the feedback forum, you and the vendor can come to a resolution and in some cases a lack of resolution in the feedback forum for all to see.

I know when I make purchases from a site sponsor that I do not look for feedback in their forum. I know their loyalists will hang out there and give a skewed view. I check out the feedback forums before making purchases. I look for posts where something went wrong and how the vendor handled it.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree wholeheartedly Lonelyreef. For a "community of saltwater aquarium hobbyists", there is an incredible vendor presence, and in my ignorance there may be a potential for conflict of interest. I'm not saying there is one, or has been one, but only suspect there is a potential. I'd be curios to know what proportion of site support comes from vendors as opposed to "hobbyists". On occasion, I've posted "thanks for the feedback", which has been removed. Not "vendor bashing", or putting any site/vendor relationships (sponsor dollars) at risk, just saying thank you, which I can only assume crosses a line. Personally, I seen a lot of "I'll make it up to you next time" and "but there was one exceptional piece in the pack" type mentalities from vendors, and I make note. I don't wan to be played, and I think it happens. Granted, I'm sure there are some customers that are impossible to satisfy, but the hobbyists objective is simply nice pieces, not cash. I was glad to see Mr. Coral make it right with their customer.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that explqnation mqkes the most sence so far but it is still a skewed view of what is happening. So if i sell 20 items and 15 like them and 5 dont but only the 5 are moved it appears in the originak thread that everything was perfect and only a small blurb about posts was moved to vendor feed back. In the least it should say negative posts moved to feedback thread so its known some people were not happy with the outcome. Otherwise its still skewed

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that explqnation mqkes the most sence so far but it is still a skewed view of what is happening. So if i sell 20 items and 15 like them and 5 dont but only the 5 are moved it appears in the originak thread that everything was perfect and only a small blurb about posts was moved to vendor feed back. In the least it should say negative posts moved to feedback thread so its known some people were not happy with the outcome. Otherwise its still skewed

I understand your points as well. If you can send me the link to the thread in question to me in a PM, I would appreciate it. I would like to look into a little more.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree but it took me 3 more steps to get there the main screen before you hit the forums button on the site doesnt even include an option for vendor feedback and thats a very important part of our hobby to keep good buisnesses up and going and bad ones outta commision. The hobby gets better the more people we encourage and bring aboard. Vendor feedback she be front and centwr then for all to see on the opemning page not hidden in am obscure place barely anyone sees. Its not even in the same area as the vendors posts so uou actually have to look for it. I hate here stories of people losing 1000s or not getting what they wanted because of not researching and many like myself are hoping great sites like this one make it easier for us to find those vendors and people. I trust r2r and my peers on here i guess we all just have to be more careful of where we leave vendor feedback and then make sure people read it

Genesis Corals

Genesis 1:21
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't read through this whole thread, most of it, but not all of it. I would like to suggest adding a sub-forum to each vendor where all the feedback for that sponsor can be located. The vendor feedback forum is great, but it would be nice to have an easier to locate all the feedback for a specific vendor.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+100000000000000000 great idea then u wouldnt have tp search for info on a vendor they shiuld deffinetely be held to a hire standard since they are in effect representing r2r as sponsors and im sure many vendors would love to have tjat because the majority takes care of all there people

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have suggested a means to filter posts from vendors altogether, or to color code them so they're easier to avoid. That would be sexy and unique.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back