Feed back and mods pulling posts

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using a new vendor that's a sponsor don't be afraid to use the search function to check them out too. Please understand though, we do allow the negative comments they just need to be in the right place for all the reasons Rev mentions above.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow on the first page I see a number of negative feedback threads.

Vendor Feedback

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many comments deleted, too many conversations completely changed. Just my opinion for whatever it's worth. Frustrating and confusing to say the least

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only things deleted are things that shouldn't be there in the first place, don't want your post deleted don't comment in other peoples feedback threads

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Too many comments deleted, too many conversations completely changed. Just my opinion for whatever it's worth. Frustrating and confusing to say the least

Comments will be deleted when you break forum rules. You have feedback comments leave them in the proper place and they will not be removed. It's pretty simple. No one changes conversations.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow on the first page I see a number of negative feedback threads.

Vendor Feedback

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM me if you want to point something out, I'm willing to chat

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are going to seriously discuss all of your input here. Just keep the suggestions appropriate and don't make accusations. Thanks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also want to point out that no ones feedback post about R2R has been edited or deleted. If we were in the habit of doing that this thread would not exist and only a few of you would have ever seen it. :) If we were another site some of you might be banned too. HA! Not that you deserve it. Just pointing that out.

TheSaint216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this were the other site this thread would have been pulled off rip and people who commented negatively would of been banned. Thats why I like this forum, I like how people can express what they think and not be banned unless its crazy talk. I work till 7 am every day and check this site multiple times a night. The setup and variety is like no other. One of the posters commented that when loyalists see something negative they help out the vendor. Maybe delete the fanboys posts and let the vendor and op hash it out? Maybe make it to where if a Vendor gets so many strikes from bad feedback they lose priveleges? This site does offer them alot of exposure and I do agree with the they need us more then we need them mentality.

Last edited by a moderator:

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are going to seriously discuss all of your input here. Just keep the suggestions appropriate and don't make accusations. Thanks.

I made a legit complaint about an old vendor while they were a vendor on R2R. He had horrible business practices and preyed on newer members because of low prices. Now you can no longer say ***********s in PMs and all of his negative comments are impossible to find in a search.

This only harms the hobbyist

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't really want to comment or be involved with this thread but I do want to say that in one of my more recent transactions I tried to ask for help sorting out an issue and nobody really helped or messaged me back... and the issue was just let go and I got screwed for about $100... I'm not going to say names or what happened to their tank not too long after...
And I don't order coral from just anyone on the site now.
And the buddy buddy system is quite obvious sometimes....
But I love reef2reef so I just comment and post here and there and pickup my corals locally now... lol

Genesis Corals

Genesis 1:21
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a great idea. Why? Because once the sponsor stops sponsoring and their forum is removed, all the feed back is removed.

Could have been said better, but I understand the point. I never knew that you could search within a specific forum and that negates the need for my suggestion. If you open up the vendor feedback forum at the top right click the "Search Forum" button (not the search box or advanced search) right above the top sticky thread, you can just enter the vendor's name and all the threads where that vendor's name was used will show up. I always used the search box and filtering through all the results was time consuming for whatever topic I was searching.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't really want to comment or be involved with this thread but I do want to say that in one of my more recent transactions I tried to ask for help sorting out an issue and nobody really helped or messaged me back... and the issue was just let go and I got screwed for about $100... I'm not going to say names or what happened to their tank not too long after...
And I don't order coral from just anyone on the site now.
And the buddy buddy system is quite obvious sometimes....
But I love reef2reef so I just comment and post here and there and pickup my corals locally now... lol

Diamondreef, if you feel comfortable doing so, please PM me with specifics and I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you. Please keep in mind, even as staff members, we do not have the ability to force anyone, member or sponsor, to take any actions to 'fix' a situation, but we're more than happy to discuss.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a legit complaint about an old vendor while they were a vendor on R2R. He had horrible business practices and preyed on newer members because of low prices. Now you can no longer say ***********s in PMs and all of his negative comments are impossible to find in a search.

This only harms the hobbyist

You know why that vendor name won't come up anymore? Because he had the same complaint that the op of this thread has and had other members post a ton of positive feedback for him after your negative complaint. Would you rather we left all the fake positive feedback for your one negative? Your thread is still in view BTW.

All feedback positive or negative has never been removed. When a dispute arises the comments from outside parties are the only thing removed. This is too give both parties a chance to give their side without everyone else chiming in and clouding the issue. This goes for positive and negative comments.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem i see with feedback is what i said earlier in the unlikely event that a vendor does have a problem with someone and you leave them negative feedback they can out of spite leave you negative feedback and then the burdwn falls on you to clear your name. Vendors should not be allowed to leave feedback imho. Also if a vendor starts to be inprofessional or not respectful of another member i believe they also should be held accountable. There have many good suggestions in this thread and i would love for them to be put to use. I only started this thread after seeing this happen on more than one occasion. R2r is an excellent website and we are lucky to have it. Im glad these discussions are allowed and i jooe they further the site and hobby

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Negative feedback can be removed if and only if evidence is given proving that it was done out of spite.

I have to disagree with you there chris

I have 3 different feedbacks that I have reported multiple times and never has it been addressed

One is a duplicate
One is a totally false feedback
And one person wanted to change his and never was the issue addressed.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit that I felt a bit intimidated(by the hypesters/fan boys) and decided not to leave neg. feedback for a "popular" vendor on here. I found out later that quite a few folks have had issues with this vendor and felt the same way. And you're right Rev, shame on me for not sharing my experience but at the time I felt like my comments would be deleted etc. It just seems(IMO) like some of them are protected and treated with kid gloves no matter how poor their customer service is.... Not saying it's true, just my personal feelings on the matter.

I will say my BIGGEST pet peeve is the hypesters/fan boys who always seem to show up and comment about how great a certain "new" coral is, and that it's such a great deal for only $1000 per frag etc. If a coral is beautiful let the picture do the talking... no need to act like a tool and say how Hawt and Sexy a coral is, or that it's a "must have". Just say it looks nice ;)

Now for a positive comment... R2R is still my favorite reefing site and I love the family atmosphere that has been created :)

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back