Feed back and mods pulling posts

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't read through this whole thread, most of it, but not all of it. I would like to suggest adding a sub-forum to each vendor where all the feedback for that sponsor can be located. The vendor feedback forum is great, but it would be nice to have an easier to locate all the feedback for a specific vendor.

This is not a great idea. Why? Because once the sponsor stops sponsoring and their forum is removed, all the feed back is removed.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel as if every feed back thread was "policed" (for lack of a better term) the same way it would give more credibility to the feedback rules. If you go to the feedback forum right now there are 5+ threads with outside comments. I'm not totally against outside comments if it is on topic, however if outside posts are only removed from certain threads it can make it seem as if one sponsor (or hobbiest) is being given preferential treatment or being treated differently.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel as if every feed back thread was "policed" (for lack of a better term) the same way it would give more credibility to the feedback rules. If you go to the feedback forum right now there are 5+ threads with outside comments. I'm not totally against outside comments if it is on topic, however if outside posts are only removed from certain threads it can make it seem as if one sponsor (or hobbiest) is being given preferential treatment or being treated differently.

We don't always see every thread and when we do it may be days, weeks, later. Offer up a little help and report the post.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could their feedback not just be moved to a non-vendor forum once they stop being a sponsor?

Do you know how time consuming that would be? Just do a little homework. Click a couple of links.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you're scared to leave feedback and don;t do it then you are worse than a bad vendor.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't always see every thread and when we do it may be days, weeks, later. Offer up a little help and report the post.

Rev I really hope you didn't see that as a dig at you or this site. I was simply trying to add to this discussion. I have offered my help to this site with the sticky creation forum and have volunteered in the past. I honestly was just trying to add to this discussion. My apologies if it came across any other way.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lets get a button attacthed to vendors then where its super easy to rate them and leave comments better the systemm thats in place

We have that already. lol

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid to be a supporter of this site and was only trying to be constructive. I thought this was a good thread with people offering their ideas for the better of the site.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rev I really hope you didn't see that as a dig at you or this site. I was simply trying to add to this discussion. I have offered my help to this site with the sticky creation forum and have volunteered in the past. I honestly was just trying to add to this discussion. My apologies if it came across any other way.

I know you have and my message is to the entirety of this thread, not you in particular. You have and please accept my apologies.

jrbates08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am extremely new to this site but I agree. We as hobbiests need negatives and positives. Example: someone like me who is just starting out. Cool, it's nice to read all the positives on things, but to also hear the negatives make me aware of them and what to look for. Also, if one individual or maybe even a handful have a bad experience with a certain vendor, the negative and the positive feedback both allow others to use their best judgment. I think all feedback should be accepted if asked for. It's only fair. And if your skins not tough enough to choke it down, then it's simply. DONT ASK

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am extremely new to this site but I agree. We as hobbiests need negatives and positives. Example: someone like me who is just starting out. Cool, it's nice to read all the positives on things, but to also hear the negatives make me aware of them and what to look for. Also, if one individual or maybe even a handful have a bad experience with a certain vendor, the negative and the positive feedback both allow others to use their best judgment. I think all feedback should be accepted if asked for. It's only fair. And if your skins not tough enough to choke it down, then it's simply. DONT ASK

We have a feedback forum for good and bad.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponsors should be held accountable period. But they pay R2R to advertise and sell here soooo what's a couple of non-paying members in comparison? I see reefers getting taken by vendors today that I got taken by 3yrs ago. Do I pm and say DON'T buy from them? Was my experience unique? No!! But we'll never know because we're not allowed to say!

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponsors should be held accountable period. But they pay R2R to advertise and sell here soooo what's a couple of non-paying members in comparison? I see reefers getting taken by vendors today that I got taken by 3yrs ago. Do I pm and say DON'T buy from them? Was my experience unique? No!! But we'll never know because we're not allowed to say!
Well said

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg Rev! i read you long post on number 44, i thought a monster was talking. Dont let things get the best of you. People will always have bad and good things to say. as for the Site. i think its ran pretty good. If there is a problem i think people should PM, Email, report, facebook, Tweet, till the voice is heard. lol might sound a bit much . if your voice is not heard put some effort in it and not only post 1 time and think someone is gonna see it.

cause people like me i am very talkative and peoples threads are going up and down up and down. so if your not seen make sure you get some spice in your thread so it can be known.! there's always someone watching at every hour!

wish the best of luck to you all.!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok let me explain a little.

Reasons we have a feedback forum separate.

1. So all feedback stays within the forum and never is removed.
2. It's easier to find when someone is looking for good vendors or looking to avoid bad vendors rather than having to search through 70+ forums.

Reasons we don't allow multiple feedback posts in feedback threads.

1. People who have already left bad feedback tend to go and keep talking about how bad a transaction was. They get one feedback about one transaction and that is it.
2. You get stealth competitors or friends of competitors post false comments. They can do that when they leave a thread true but it's easier to track down false claims this way.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

You didn't leave feedback? Shame, you are at fault. You're saying we don't allow feedback?

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
omg Rev! i read you long post on number 44, i thought a monster was talking. Dont let things get the best of you. People will always have bad and good things to say. as for the Site. i think its ran pretty good. If there is a problem i think people should PM, Email, report, facebook, Tweet, till the voice is heard. lol might sound a bit much . if your voice is not heard put some effort in it and not only post 1 time and think someone is gonna see it.

cause people like me i am very talkative and peoples threads are going up and down up and down. so if your not seen make sure you get some spice in your thread so it can be known.! there's always someone watching at every hour!

wish the best of luck to you all.!

Yea I may need to step away tonight before I continue to say things I may not should and to keep from banning people. HA! ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow on the first page I see a number of negative feedback threads.

Vendor Feedback

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you need to wake up to a nice cup cake from Gab, i swear they will put you into a fuzzy state :p

ill express mail it to you :p over night.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back