Feed back and mods pulling posts

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One item that won't ever get removed due to everyone who has had a bad experience with a certain vendor jumping on the OP of the feedback threads bandwagon is the use of the Itrader feedback system. IMHO it doesn't really get used to it's fullest. You can report your feedback weather it's good, neutral, or bad without it being removed. You can also easily do some research on a person or vendor before you by just by clicking their Itrader feedback page...

Maybe a feedback sub forum in each vendors sponsorship forum would help people more with the feedback system?

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One item that won't ever get removed due to everyone who has had a bad experience with a certain vendor jumping on the OP of the feedback threads bandwagon is the use of the Itrader feedback system. IMHO it doesn't really get used to it's fullest. You can report your feedback weather it's good, neutral, or bad without it being removed. You can also easily do some research on a person or vendor before you by just by clicking their Itrader feedback page...

Maybe a feedback sub forum in each vendors sponsorship forum would help people more with the feedback system?

+1 definately agree

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree with you as well but being new to this site it may be a challenge to some people. Also others would rather just add there 2 cents I'm guessing. Many people that have problems are newer reefers or new to r2r so why not make it as easy as possible for everyone and each vendor have button on them to that immeadietly let's you vote on there service and leave comments I bet it would get used much more often.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get outta my head! I was thinking along the same lines. :)

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I have 23 positive feedbacks in my Itrader, now if I had a feedback for every one that I've given I'd probably have triple that....

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem with feedback is if you leave a bad score for a vender they leave you one. I've normally don't leave feedback because I don't want bad feedback for leaving bad feedback. I don't know how this can be fixed but it makes it hard to get a good idea of how many people really are unhappy. I've never had a vender give me a good feedback score without getting one from me first.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets get a button attacthed to vendors then where its super easy to rate them and leave comments better the systemm thats in place

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and kieth is correct they send you something bad or not packaged well and u rate them then get a bad rating because there anhry whenn you did nothing wrong vendors shiuld not be allowed to even leave feedback

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure I'm not the only one that had a vendor tell them if they leave them good feedback they will make up for the problem on the next order. When this happens the vendor is actually using the feedback system against the member who did nothing wrong. Don't get me wrong it can go both ways and they're definitely hobbyist that take advantage of vendors like I said I'm not sure there's a solution but there's definitely a problem

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Negative feedback can be removed if and only if evidence is given proving that it was done out of spite.

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the Itrader feed back is a great thing, I love it and always use it. But it also has drawbacks.

1) Only short summery can be seen
2) If somebody is unhappy with their purchase/sale the whole story is not told, say if it was resolved or not.

So say a vendor sends out 15 fresh cut frags and only 3-5 survive, but the seller is refunded or "Promised to have it made up on next purchase" You get a skewed feedback. Personally if somebody has a reputation for sending out fresh cuts, non-wysiwyg, or just sub par frags I would like to see this. But since they "make it up" to the seller they get a positive feed back. Which in my mind would not be worthy of a positive.

I do feel people should be able to chime in a little more on vendors and sellers threads, I understand the whole no bashing or mob mentality situation but factual responses should be allowed.

Or require ALL sale threads to have WYSIWYG Pictures... that would eliminate 99.99% of problems.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vendors have the right to know if another vendor had a bad experience with you just the same. The only reason you see the positive stuff left out in the open forum is because nobody would ever need the right to dispute a positive comment. We mAke it so everyone can see what's going down without getting envolved and make a choice for themselves. I agree on the I trader feedback thing though and for negative feedback I'd still use the feedback forum but only as a last resort after trying to work it out. Honestly though the best feedback you can give is to not do business with them again. This industry is a tough one to survive in and repeat customers are important.

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods and sponsors that are buddy buddy are not a good thing either imho they should be unbiased

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods and sponsors that are buddy buddy are not a good thing either imho they should be unbiased

Understand that Mods are strictly volunteers and we use all the same vendors as you and just like you we do have our favorites. Only difference is that we tend to keep our mouths shut when we have a bad experience due to people misunderstanding that we are not gaining anything by being mods, we just have too much spare time, haha.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I agree with this as well. Having a dedicated vendor feedback forum for each sponsor would make it MUCH easier to find that sponsor's track record. I also think that we (or at least I...probably should speak for myself) can help by leaving something similar to the statement: "negative feedback has been moved to the feedback forum" any time something is moved. This will at least let buyers know THAT something was there and WHERE they can go to find it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back