Feed back and mods pulling posts

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly the point we are trying to make. Your feedback thread wouldn't be edited at all and nobody other than the vendor would be allowed to reply. I have no idea why people think we delete feedback threads, as long as its in the right place it won't be touched.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit in areas where its hivhly visible like on vendor thread there altered and moved then that thread looks as if there were no complaints ever on a cwrtain subject. The old pists were moved to approlriate forum makes it seem as if thwre was no complaint and effectively changes what was there without anyone knkwing it was do to a problem. Thats the issue

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly the point we are trying to make. Your feedback thread wouldn't be edited at all and nobody other than the vendor would be allowed to reply. I have no idea why people think we delete feedback threads, as long as its in the right place it won't be touched.

Ahhh... but perception is reality, and the perception that's out there(from what I've seen and read in pm's here and on other forums) is that some vendors are somewhat immune on R2R. I would also say that if a lot of folks feel that way maybe there is a reason for it.... Not trying to stir things up, just sharing my experience/thoughts.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That perception is because people are leaving feedback in the vendors sales threads and not in the feedback forums. We treat their business forums differently and will not allow feedback in them at all. The ones that normally get that "special treatment" tag in your eyes just happen to be the most active vendors. Moral of the story is, use the feedback forum and not the vendors forum.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do allow feedback in them but only if its good go read through them right now and all positive soo. As there a negative its gone. So again its not a true description of the sales then either ban all feedback in their forums or allow the good and bad that the only way it can be close to accurate

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do allow feedback in them but only if its good go read through them right now and all positive soo. As there a negative its gone. So again its not a true description of the sales then either ban all feedback in their forums or allow the good and bad that the only way it can be close to accurate

So that I make sure I am understanding:

If I am a vendor, and have a few fragments of "awesome coral" to sell. I sell 5/7 in the thread. 3/5 people received it and are pumped. 2/5 unhappy. I ask people to post pictures as a way of bringing bumps to my thread to help me sell last two.

Responces:
#1 posts a picture says how awesome it was packed.
#2 posts a picture says it is in the tank.
#3 posts that they love it, no pic
#4 posts picture of half dead cries foul.
#5 calls foul also with no picture.

Assumptions:
I as the vendor would flag the negatives as they are detrimental to me. Mods would review and move flagged posts to feedback forum where they belong.

Question for mods:
What happens to the other posts?

My thoughts:
Route 1 mods review full thread:
Post 1 would be moved, as it is feedback.
Post 2 would stay, as it is just a photo.
Post 3 would move as it is feedback.
Post 4 /5 move for feedback.

Route 2 mods review only flagged:
4/5 go due to vendor flag.
Useds need to flag posts as feedback, mods would then review and move 1/3.

Are either of those strings correct?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bit in areas where its hivhly visible like on vendor thread there altered and moved then that thread looks as if there were no complaints ever on a cwrtain subject. The old pists were moved to approlriate forum makes it seem as if thwre was no complaint and effectively changes what was there without anyone knkwing it was do to a problem. Thats the issue

Again, feedback in the feedback forum is better for the community as a whole for once the vendor stops advertising, feedback is still visible and not sealed up with the old forum.

I will say that this is NOT a perfect system. There isn't one but we do try to do the best we can without being unfair to member or vendor. It's a balancing act sometimes and sometimes we get it wrong. But we will try to learn from those cases and threads like this to be better.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

If I am a vendor, and have a few fragments of "awesome coral" to sell. I sell 5/7 in the thread. 3/5 people received it and are pumped. 2/5 unhappy. I ask people to post pictures as a way of bringing bumps to my thread to help me sell last two.

Responces:

Assumptions:
I as the vendor would flag the negatives as they are detrimental to me. Mods would review and move flagged posts to feedback forum where they belong.

Question for mods:

My thoughts:

I think I know what thread you are speaking of and we are discussing this. If a vendor ask for feedback in a thread it should be removed because we don't allow it. Really all feedback comments should be removed as per the tos but it's easier to find the negative than it is the positive. We'll just get better and you guys and gals can help us.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Responces:

Assumptions:

Question for mods:

My thoughts:

You got it! And as per what Rev has said this happens and we need to be better about it.

I myself am guilty of doing just this myself last night. I received my items from a recent live sale and I took pic's and posted them in the live sale thread. Not to give feedback at all, but to show off my new goodies because I was and still am pretty darn excited about them.. I'm sure 9 times out of 10 that's what people are trying to do rather than give feedback.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say im very imoressed with revh and the mods participation in this thread and appreciate their willingness to discuss the issue. Still my favorite reef site

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum isn't that big, every area is highly visible. On any given time I can see every post by going over six or so pages.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This forum isn't that big, every area is highly visible. On any given time I can see every post by going over six or so pages.

+1 By clicking on "New posts" you can see posts from every area of the forum in the order that they were most recently commented on.

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I know what thread you are speaking of and we are discussing this. If a vendor ask for feedback in a thread it should be removed because we don't allow it. Really all feedback comments should be removed as per the tos but it's easier to find the negative than it is the positive. We'll just get better and you guys and gals can help us.
I actually don't have any in mind. Just trying to wrap my head around procedure.

If the second route is correct, then we all just need to be better about flagging all feedback so it is more upfront.

It sounds like it is selective looking because we, as users, dont recognize the posatives as feedback while the vendor has incentive to notice negatives. If we want balance we need to be some of the change. What business will seriously flag it's posatives?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually don't have any in mind. Just trying to wrap my head around procedure.

If the second route is correct, then we all just need to be better about flagging all feedback so it is more upfront.

It sounds like it is selective looking because we, as users, dont recognize the posatives as feedback while the vendor has incentive to notice negatives. If we want balance we need to be some of the change. What business will seriously flag it's posatives?

Other businesses flag them for us. HA!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back