Feed back plz

Reeflifebegins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question, I have a 14 gallon all in one tank. I added 8 oz of Fritz Zyme 9. I’m on day 5 and only ammonia spike of 0.50. Should I add a little more of a dose to kick it off?

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first off welcome! In regards to your question.

How long was tank running before bacteria was introduced.

do you have live rock or otherwise?

I’m assuming you are using an APItest kit? They are not accurate bellow 1ppm for ammonia.

Any livestock in the tank?

what water source did you use?

OP
OP
Reeflifebegins

Reeflifebegins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have live rock & sand. The tank has been running for 17 days now but I added the fritz 9 on Thursday so it’s only been 4 days. Yah I’m using an API kit. I have no nitrite or nitrate levels yet...

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to be sure your tank is ready for fish, add a 1/4 cube of frozen food to the tank. Measure ammonia after 24hrs. If it’s bellow 1ppm you can add fish. Do a water change first without disturbing the rock or sand.you probably missed the nitrite reading as it happens fast.

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy some ammonia without any additives, Ace Hardware carries it. Then dose a few drops and measure your ammonia 30 min later to ensure you are above 1.0 ppm. Test the next day and see if it is below 1.0 ppm (api seems to get false positives below 1.0 ppm). If ammonia is below 1.0ppm test for nitrates. Repeat till you have nitrates present to ensure you tank is fully processing ammonia. Once it is do a decent sized water change and you can slowly start stocking. Dont rush anything in this hobby.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back