Feed Mode Controller

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have no type of controller on my system. While I wish I had a Neptune, it’s just out the budget at the moment. Does anyone know of a device that I could plug pumps, powerheads, etc into that I could push a button and it kill power for like 10 minutes and automatically turn everything back on? Definitely looking for a cheap solution. I currently just have them all plugged into a power strip and just flip it off, but I have accidentally forgot to turn flow back on before so I looking for something that will in case I forget. Any ideas?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a smart outlet. Most of them you can program to turn off/on. I have one that runs a fan above my sump that turns on/off a set times certain days of the week.
You'll have to check for ones that can be programmed to turn back on after "x number of minutes". Or, just set a 10-15 min "off" schedule if you feed at the same time every day.

OP
OP
LouisianaReef

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a smart outlet. Most of them you can program to turn off/on. I have one that runs a fan above my sump that turns on/off a set times certain days of the week.
You'll have to check for ones that can be programmed to turn back on after "x number of minutes". Or, just set a 10-15 min "off" schedule if you feed at the same time every day.
Good idea. Hopefully I can find out that can be programmed to turn back on as you said. Unfortunately I would never be able to feed at the exact same time everyday. I try to feed around the same time. But the other thing is sometimes I’m target feeding and and I don’t do that daily

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back