Feed mode fish

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I feed my fish I hit feed mode and it changes the light for a second and adjusts the flow to what I like to spread the food... Before I do this, I let the cup of food thaw near the tank and the fish are very responsive and follow me all over but as soon as I hit the feed mode they run for the hills briefly (light changes for only a second) and then return to be fed. I do this every day multiple times a day and they still run! I thought they'd figure it meant food by now... Anyone use feed mode and have fish that actively respond/are trained to it and not freaked out? I get it's the light change that does it but I can't seem to disable that :( (kinda ridiculous imo)

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish congregate around the corner of the tank I feed in right at feeding time. Kinda funny watching the clowns come out of their hidey hole when it’s good time but I feed at almost the exact same times every day. I leave the powerheads on as I feel like it spreads the food and let’s each fish get some. If I hit pause on the pumps they freak out and hide for a while. But just my .02 cents

OP
OP
TokenReefer

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The powerhead stays on but adjusts to the flow I set for feed mode. I thought it was the light change but for some reason ai has married the two devices in this area. Suppose it could be the flow change tho as well... Anyway.. I just figured they'd get used to it by now lol

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The powerhead stays on but adjusts to the flow I set for feed mode. I thought it was the light change but for some reason ai has married the two devices in this area. Suppose it could be the flow change tho as well... Anyway.. I just figured they'd get used to it by now lol
If you feed around the same time every day I would just have the pumps automatically slow down on schedule around then. For example a feed around 12pm and 5pm and those are some of the slower hours for my pumps. Other than that I think it is fine to drop food in at any time as long as the flow is not so much that they can’t swim in it. The fish are smart enough to adjust imo.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Every time I feed my fish I hit feed mode and it changes the light for a second and adjusts the flow to what I like to spread the food... Before I do this, I let the cup of food thaw near the tank and the fish are very responsive and follow me all over but as soon as I hit the feed mode they run for the hills briefly (light changes for only a second) and then return to be fed. I do this every day multiple times a day and they still run! I thought they'd figure it meant food by now... Anyone use feed mode and have fish that actively respond/are trained to it and not freaked out? I get it's the light change that does it but I can't seem to disable that :( (kinda ridiculous imo)
it has to be the vibration of the feeder. dry dampening it placing it on a piece of cloth,rubber or foam. At first with my AFS unit they would head for the hills and now they are like birds at a feeder

OP
OP
TokenReefer

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thought about getting a feeder to make feed time more scheduled as suggested. I try to feed within the same hrs but my schedule varies. Ill definitely dampen it when I do. Thanks!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back