Feeding a large engineer goby

gowlers321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a foot long engineer goby but I'm struggling with feeding. He doesn't try to eat silversides or small shrimps but does look at them. I feed my tank frozen mysis but feel like little pieces of mysis won't sustain him.
He also hides when I approach the tank so spot feeding is pretty tricky when I don't know where he is.

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a foot long engineer goby but I'm struggling with feeding. He doesn't try to eat silversides or small shrimps but does look at them. I feed my tank frozen mysis but feel like little pieces of mysis won't sustain him.
He also hides when I approach the tank so spot feeding is pretty tricky when I don't know where he is.

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks
Mine is 10 inches long. She loves reef frenzy, brine, mysis, algae and occasionally will eat some of the predator food chunks I throw in for my lion and marine betta. It you just spot feed close to his hole he will get more comfortable and start sticking his head out! Just remember he like more of the diet of a goby and other reef fish not an eel diet. Probably doesnt take silversides as they typically dont eat fish. Just let him catch his food in the water column

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 131 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back