Feeding Blue eye Kole Tang

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

SO I've got the algae blooming in the 75g. I had my eye on the YELLOW eyed kole tang, but went with the BLUE eye because my LEDs are blue spectrum so I figured stay blue stay true stay you.

What items do you feed the kole tang? I am going to continue to feed frozen mysis and pellets, but plan on introducing nori seaweed sheets that are slice so kole can tear off pieces.

I am not looking for reprimand or "do your research before you buy" answers. The fish will be here Wednesday. That gives me enough time to prepare for obtaining the food.

It was $60 fish and $40 shipping, and shipping was free $100+ orders so I grabbed a $40 frag of Wild Berry Cyphastrea. What a neat looking coral, and it was essentially free as it replaced the cost of shipping :)

Thank you for all your recommendations

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
my tomini tang eats the hikari algae wafers. it also likes pellets and frozen (luckily). try out the wafers and see if it works. it took a few failed attempts for my tomini to like nori, so do not be discouraged if it doesn't go for it!

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine like pellets, and pretty much any frozen food, as long as its small enough for them.

As much as "tangs" love nori, IME bristletooth tangs don't as much, they just make a mess of it and eat a small % of whatever you put out. They really like LOTS of small food items, their mouth is designed for scraping detritus/films, tearing into macro algae or larger food items is hard for them.

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS frozen food is some high quality stuff and the main thing I feed all my fish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back