Feeding Corals…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey fellow reefers, for those who don’t know me;
I have 2 reefs, an SPS reef and a Mixed (Predominantly Softies & LPS) reef. Now, I’ve found both reef roids and another coral food.
How often do you guys feed your corals?
I’m specifically wondering about SPS however in general will also work as id love to start getting back into feeding corals.

I do dose in the SPS reef but figured I could try feeding as I’m sure the corals will also enjoy added and I love seeing feeding reactions. I used to feed at night just after lights off as that’s when corals generally feed in the wild from what I’ve read and heard. However my question is how often should I feed them?

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to feed one of Red Sea AB+, KZ food plus, amino and Live Photo every day (alternating). However, I test phosphates frequently and adjust accordingly. Sometimes before lights on and sometimes after dark. I am seeing good growth and will keep this up.

I have found with reef roofs and chilli, it is fairly easy to get the phosphates elevated and then it needs gfo to bring it down if I feed frequently. So I don’t use them in my daily routine but feed those occasionally.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Reef roids high phosphates)
We dose phyto and carbon every other hour. Carbon (bacto balance) to build up bacteria population for corals.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Reef roids high phosphates)
We dose phyto and carbon every other hour. Carbon (bacto balance) to build up bacteria population for corals.
I currently dose All For Reef and my growth from my SPS has been shockingly fast, is there any additional need to feed or does that help improve colouring?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently dose All For Reef and my growth from my SPS has been shockingly fast, is there any additional need to feed or does that help improve colouring?
As long as trace elements are present, some nutrtion and good lighting, colors should follow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back