Feeding Corals

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you feed your corals ?
I have to feed my corals as got some nps in the tank. So I put soem hikari Coralific delite every fw days.
But I'm hoping to switch to reefroids and was thinking of adding Polyp booster or Red seas AB+.

How many of you are feeding your corals and with which products ?

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine with reef roids every few days but I’m not really sure how often you are supposed to feed them, they do pack nitrate and phosphate tho! I feed Red Sea AB+ every day tho and that’s ace!
following along for the reef roid answer if you don’t mind!

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I target feed twice a week with coral frenzy powder, coral frenzy reef pellets, aquavitro fuel, and phytoplankton.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
target feed twice a week with reef roids but changing to Coral Feast this week to keep nitrates / etc down

OP
OP
Reesj

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep seems many ppl prefer reef roids and love it.
I'm trying to suplement something with amino acids like the red sea AB+ or polyp booster and was wondering what others might be using and how are their results. Need to decide on a cheaper one to fit my wallet of this type . :)

Murphsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari coral gumbo twice a week, reef chili and red sea AB+ twice a week, aminos as needed.

krash7172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broadcast a few different foods a few times per month. Roids, Macrovore, brine. I have mostly softies and LPS. I'll shut off pumps for 15-30 mins and let them eat :) My tank is tall so target feeding isn't easy.

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you feed your corals ?
I have to feed my corals as got some nps in the tank. So I put soem hikari Coralific delite every fw days.
But I'm hoping to switch to reefroids and was thinking of adding Polyp booster or Red seas AB+.

How many of you are feeding your corals and with which products ?
I usually feed mine reefroids once a week but going to start doing 2x a week after adding acans and nutrients being low

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love feeding my LPS. I tend to feed them about three times a week, which is probably a lot. I like the faster growth though, and they're all doing well.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen brine shrimp for LPS and larger palys.

Roids now and then. Just watch your phosphate.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights, fish poop and whatever they get when I feed the fish.
This +1000

No one directly feeds corals in the ocean, why should we in our tanks? Feed the tank, not the fish, and everything eats.

Oh wait, someone is going to point out no one directly feeds fish in the ocean like we do in our tank either. My response to that is fish can swim around in the ocean to catch their food, corals cannot. Not a good counter argument. IMO

I find it very funny that most everyone that directly feed their corals, are also the same people that are posting problems about algae. Ever wonder why?

OP
OP
Reesj

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This +1000

No one directly feeds corals in the ocean, why should we in our tanks? Feed the tank, not the fish, and everything eats.

Oh wait, someone is going to point out no one directly feeds fish in the ocean like we do in our tank either. My response to that is fish can swim around in the ocean to catch their food, corals cannot. Not a good counter argument. IMO

I find it very funny that most everyone that directly feed their corals, are also the same people that are posting problems about algae. Ever wonder why?

In Ocean there are soo many stuff in the nsw. Most times its called as a plantonic soup. Corals get soo much food most of the time in ocean compared with our tanks.
I bet you never kept a nps coral with that thinking ;)

But yes. Normally, if no nps or some other demanding corals like goniopora etc.. soem corals can survive in a well cared for tank without special feedings. But thats not the aim of the topic is it..

Back