feeding freezed dryed mysis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
7,865
Reaction score
6,793
Location
Jackson Hole, WY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I dont have access to frozen mysis with out shipping it over night. so I was wondering about freeze dried mysis soaked in Selcon? then supplement with BBS?

just wondering as I was looking for bulk frozen mysis. if you know where to get any let me know too.
thanks and happy SH keeping!
 
Check out Fosters and Smith. They usually have a decent deal going with mix and match and discounted shipping for frozen foods.

I don't like freeze dried mysis mainly because it seems to gunk up my skimmer.
 
oh wow there shipping on 1 day air for good is $ 20 not bad at all. I have spend 1/2 of my tank $$ on shipping in corals/fish etc.
A few hundred in shipping easy so its nice to see a fair price. :)

odd question but on average how many Cubes are in a 16 flat. I know there not cubed up, just trying to get an idea on how long it will last if I feed 1 cube a day?
 
You don't have a PetCo or Pet Smart close by? Other than dog food, that is the only thing I go there for. But they generally do have frozen mysis (locally for me anyway).
 
the closest pet co/pet smart is 98 miles away each way. they used to carry the 16oz flats a while back if I remember right. but they dont anymore I aked a few times they were unsure if they could get them in again.

but even if they did with the gas and time might as well spend the 20 can get is shipped to my door.

yeah I saw the BRS started shipping frozen food a cpl months ago. thanks cool.

is there a brand that we like better for SH? watch a cpl vids on PE they seam to think there better...do we need the smaller pink pkg special grade? there supposed to be smaller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new