Feeding Mandarin Goby

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I got a mandarin goby as a present from my brother in law. I have a 25 gallon waterbox peninsula. I’m feeding rods frozen food and flakes to my current livestock. I’ve been adding coepods monthly to my tank but I don’t think that’ll be enough for the new guy. I’m hoping he’ll take some of the Rods but I’m guessing I’ll have to be adding coepods every other week now? What do you all recommend in regards to how often I shoul be adding pods to keep him satiated? I know it’ll be hit or miss on him eating the rods frozen food. I also, dose phyto daily. Thanks!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it does not eat prepared food, you can go bankrupt buying pods, those jars of pods will feed it for a weekend, maybe a week.

You can try to put it into a seperate tank to try to train it on other foods, but if its stubborn it will starve.

Depends on your situation, but you might want to return it. No matter what, I would not suggest frequently buying copepods to try to sustain it.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I got a mandarin goby as a present from my brother in law. I have a 25 gallon waterbox peninsula. I’m feeding rods frozen food and flakes to my current livestock. I’ve been adding coepods monthly to my tank but I don’t think that’ll be enough for the new guy. I’m hoping he’ll take some of the Rods but I’m guessing I’ll have to be adding coepods every other week now? What do you all recommend in regards to how often I shoul be adding pods to keep him satiated? I know it’ll be hit or miss on him eating the rods frozen food. I also, dose phyto daily. Thanks!
If you’ve already added the pods, you don’t need them anymore you need the Phyto and phyto is what’s going to help them reproduce daily dose saying is definitely going to help

Grassy_Nole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never had good luck with purchased foods with these guys. Ive only had luck with an established tank and let them eat naturally.

OP
OP
D

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never had good luck with purchased foods with these guys. Ive only had luck with an established tank and let them eat naturally.
the tank has been running for about a year and a half, I upgraded it about 2 months ago to a slightly larger nano tank. I’ve been adding coepods every month since inception just to keep levels up and dosing photo daily. I guess my question is do I need to add more coepods to keep up with their feeding? Go from monthly to biweekly? Or weekly?

Grassy_Nole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never added, but my tanks were always 2+ years old before introducing

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few trained to eat frozen mysis, so it is possible to get them to eat commercial food, but not a absolute certainty…
Can’t swear it is a complete diet either

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back