Feeding routine

Tactical Reefkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone quick question I have a 25 gallon innovative marine laggon and I am I just started to feed frozen food how often should you be feeding my tank thanks.

Specs

Mixed Reef

Bristle tooth
Clownfish
Blue damsel

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed as much as possible, keep your nutrients in check and plenty of clean up crew.

You will soon be able to tell when your fish are hungry and when they are eating just because the food is there, try and find a good balance between the two.

Upvote 0

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone quick question I have a 25 gallon innovative marine laggon and I am I just started to feed frozen food how often should you be feeding my tank thanks.

Specs

Mixed Reef

Bristle tooth
Clownfish
Blue damsel
I feed twice a day, once before I go to work, and once when I get home. If I were here, I would feed 3 times a day. Smaller portions more often is always better

Upvote 0

reefchi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed as much as possible, keep your nutrients in check and plenty of clean up crew.

You will soon be able to tell when your fish are hungry and when they are eating just because the food is there, try and find a good balance between the two.
Curious what do you look for when they’re actually hungry vs just eat because the food is there? Jumping or splashing aggressively above the water?

Upvote 0

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what do you look for when they’re actually hungry vs just eat because the food is there? Jumping or splashing aggressively above the water?
They dash for the food, not bothered if another fish is going for the same piece, shy submission fish get some confidence.

When they are just eating because its there they choose which piece they want to eat, they let some food float past them and lets the food come to them rather than racing to the food.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Specs

Mixed Reef

Bristle tooth
Clownfish
Blue damsel
Feed what they will eat within a couple of minutes. Its easier to add food than to remove it

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back