Feeding plate coral -- time lapse

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
4,214
Reaction score
8,690
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this video in my build thread, but thought I should also post it here to share with a larger audience.

Here's a time lapse video of feeding my plate coral. I swear it looks like it's smiling after eating. :)

 
Cool. Is feeding required?
I always asked my wife this same question as she makes dinner for the kids?

A: They all seem happier and grow faster if they feed in the mouth frequently. hth. :)

That hermit crab sure is slow. Mine would have been trying to get the food from the plate.
 
Love this! These videos never get old!
 
Great video, had a purple one myself always loved feeding him.
 
Cool. Is feeding required?

I've read many opinions on this. The majority I've seen recommend feeding, but there are some that claim to never feed and the coral is fine.

I target feed all my corals once per week. Most get Reef Roids, but this plate coral's mouth is easily large enough for meaty food.
 
I always asked my wife this same question as she makes dinner for the kids?

A: They all seem happier and grow faster if they feed in the mouth frequently. hth. :)

That hermit crab sure is slow. Mine would have been trying to get the food from the plate.

I thought the same, but if you look close that's a Cerith snail not a hermit.:D
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new