Feeding shellfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter HTFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HTFish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
63
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed clams, shrimp and muscles to my fish. Has anyone ever tried feeding oysters?

Are they too dirty?
 
I think it's more that they cost so much more than other options. You can buy frozen oysters in some places, might be worth a shot to try them if they haven't been treated with any sort of preservative or something.
 
I feed clams, shrimp and muscles to my fish. Has anyone ever tried feeding oysters?

Are they too dirty?
I like fresh/live clams and mussels when I have the motivation.
Tried fresh/live oyster only once but never again. *too messy/oily for me personally,,, but note that I chop into small pieces and not feeding whole
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new