Feeling better - captured the acan eating monster

Cary Meredith

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
391
Reaction score
427
Location
Caledonia, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I might finally be able to put my acan's back into the main display tank, I had a bicolor angel that was eating them and I finally caught him. I used a plastic bottle and once he felt safe enough going in and out, I was able to sneak behind the tank and swoop down with a net and trap him in. I also had a peppermint shrimp that might have been eating some, he was captured earlier and now living his life behind bars in the sump. Off to the LFS to trade him in :)
 
I can sympathize. I had a flameback angel that was great for 8 months then all of a sudden decided to start eating my acans. He is in a friends FOWLR now.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new