Felix aquarium controller

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea about the controller . May be someone from #reefsquad can help .
However, the founders - Oliver Knott and George Farmer are perhaps the best there is in planted tank freshwater industry. So, I would believe its good since they stand behind it .

Honestly, it seems like a controller created mainly for planted tanks and freshwater. I would rather invest in a used Apex classic or GHL where you will have enough support from the community and add on features in a later time for am sure you will want to add as time goes by. And finding used ones is not a big deal from Reef2Reef classified section for around 300-350.

Regards,
Abhishek

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks more of a basic monitoring and on/off kind of controller. They have some add on option for pH and temperature but not yet available. It will be interesting once they launch everything. Also is this cloud controllable or just mobile app?

OP
OP
ForrestGump

ForrestGump

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposed to be cloud controllable and view-able with the integrated camera. I purchased early so I got the controller and camera for $200. They say they will have api integration with many manufacturers. Hopefully they will be able to control my SBreef light my heaters.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is way too new for anyone to have any info other that the promo they have brought out. If one wants to be a first time adopter that's great. I have planted tanks and I have not seen anyone anywhere in the world have this unit yet. So good luck.
With the world of Internet of Things controllable power strips now it is easy for anyone to get into the market. Its the support that will be the make or break thing.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across this, looks like its about to launch in the next couple weeks. Anyone have any updates or thoughts?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 power sockets + 6 USB, can use all brands of equipment
Monitors pH, Ammonia, temp, water level, LUX, Kelvin and PAR
must change slides every 30 days
smart app
Open source hardware and API

I think I read the Monitor is made by Seneye.

OP
OP
ForrestGump

ForrestGump

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct the monitor is the Seneye monitor. It also has a submersible camera that you can connect to from your phone and see your tank. They also claim that they will have the ability to notify you if your fish is behaving strangely or looks abnormal (basically if the fish is sick). They have been a long time in development and have had manufacturing hiccups along the way. They are almost a year behind the original release date. I actually purchased the full package at the start of the campaign. At the time I did not have any controller so I thought I would give it a shot. Its delays convinced me to purchase a used Apex classic for my tank. Guess time will tell.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone is currently in the market for a Seneye this may be a great deal to take a chance on. They are having a 40% off deal, making the unit without a camera $360. A Seneye alone is $210.

I already have a controller and Seneye, but contemplated getting this just to have as a backup for alarm/indication.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a hard time finding any detailed information on the unit. Their webpage doesn't have much (http://get.felixsmart.com/pre-order-special/) and most of the posts on their FB page aren't directly related to the unit. They have videos of tanks with units installed, but you watch the video and the controller is not discussed.

I downloaded the app to try to check it out, but for some reason the demo button is not active.

Vigo_the_mack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to try it, I like the idea of getting the seneye with it and using it for a par meter. They also claim that they will have ALK monitoring by december. The camera seemed like a cool idea, and I wasn't the greatest fan of the Apex when I used it

Vigo_the_mack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone get this yet? I did and wow they have a long way to go to make this functional.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone get this yet? I did and wow they have a long way to go to make this functional.

Care to elaborate? I almost pulled the trigger but decided the discount wasnt worth being a beta tester for a lemon.

Vigo_the_mack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to elaborate? I almost pulled the trigger but decided the discount wasnt worth being a beta tester for a lemon.

I REALLY want to like this product, but basically nothing works yet. The 360 camera is so grainy you can’t see anything and has huge lag, the automation doesn’t even really work. You can turn off and on the outlets through the app, but you can’t program any of it yet, and it is really inconsistent if it will turn back on or not. I didn’t even bother to plug anything into it yet because it would be more of a hassle to use this than manually turning stuff on and off. Even the Seneye portion of it seems buggy.

The ceo says that the pandemic really hurt them and basically asked for a month to make it functional. I am rooting for them, but they have a long way to go

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes you wonder why they didnt delay release until they had a functional product.

Vigo_the_mack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t know until after I bought it that it was an indie gogo project or else I wouldn’t have gotten it, but I think they were really far behind schedule so I wonder if they felt like they had to get something out.

Vigo_the_mack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I should update everyone. There has been a lot of updates on the Felix. The plugs are hugely improved, you can now do if/then type statements. Next up is going to be commands like “water change” that lets you program what you want on and off and for how long, this will also be voice activated through Siri or Alexa, etc. at this point I am glad I got the Felix for 320ish, but wish I didn’t get the camera for the extra 100

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I should update everyone. There has been a lot of updates on the Felix. The plugs are hugely improved, you can now do if/then type statements. Next up is going to be commands like “water change” that lets you program what you want on and off and for how long, this will also be voice activated through Siri or Alexa, etc. at this point I am glad I got the Felix for 320ish, but wish I didn’t get the camera for the extra 100
You should post a dedicated thread and expand on this update on the status of Felix Smart. I just purchased one, and can’t wait to use it and post my own thoughts, but it’ll be a while until I do so. In the meantime, there’s so little out there on it, would be good for someone with experience to generate a new thread.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good but at this price point they really need a better webpage to explain what it can and cannot do. I cannot find a PDF manual, does one exist?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back