Feminus & Lennardi

YellowFinsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am contemplating on getting either a Feminus tamarin or Lennardi tamarin wrasse or both. Are they both generally hardy fish? What are people's experiences? I just don't want to buy one and flush it down the toilet the next day (not literally).

I have successfully kept and currently have a strong stock of red tail, yellow tail, Geographicus, yellow chest, blue spotted, and black back tamarin wrasses.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am contemplating on getting either a Feminus tamarin or Lennardi tamarin wrasse or both. Are they both generally hardy fish? What are people's experiences? I just don't want to buy one and flush it down the toilet the next day (not literally).

I have successfully kept and currently have a strong stock of red tail, yellow tail, Geographicus, yellow chest, blue spotted, and black back tamarin wrasses.
Hardy is never a word I would use without "not" somewhere in the sentence when it comes to Anampses, but neither species is any harder than the rest of the genus. Sounds like you know what you'd be getting into.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. If you're experienced with Anampses species, then these species should be well with in your scope.

These 2 species do come from slightly cooler waters though.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
titchy expensive fish, Im jealous! Sounds like you have it down with tamarin wrasses, so from that perspective you should be able to keep either. The compatibility of them always subject to the personality of the wrasse in question. Get them and post pictures so we can live vicariously! my pocket book would strangle me for thinking about it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back