Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone sells 15 to one person?
Shame on them.
You’d figure someone might ask.
I don’t want to say the name of the place he got them from but I’ve ordered so many fish from them including many expert level fish to my address, they probably assumed I was spreading them out among tanks.

As an update to this post, all five I am giving away have been picked up by local reefers. They’re all going to great homes and I made sure to get a picture of their tanks to make sure.

Nonetheless the fish are fine. If I really wanted to I could put a few in each of my tanks and just feed them live pods from my breeding setup, I just don’t want to have fifteen. Ten is fine as I’m adding two to each tank.

Don’t think there’s a need to shame anyone

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told my partner I really wanted to buy a ruby red dragonette after I get paid. yesterday a package with fifteen of them showed up at door. While I appreciate the gesture (he thought they would all get along) I just wanted one. I put them into a empty 55gallon quarantine and they are all hopping around, I don’t see any bickering, but I know I don’t have the room, pods to sustain them, and I also doubt they will be getting along like this forever? My main tank has two seahorses, two filefish, and two clowns. I just wanted to add one to that tank.

I have never been in a situation like this and don’t know anyone locally who will take them. Can I just walk in with them to the fish store? I don’t know if they would accept fish from a random source. Is there a way I can sell them online? Or is the only option to give them away for free? I would like to sell them if possible even so I can spend the money from them on corals… and so I can make sure nobody is feeding then to anything. Is there like an online place people rehome fish?

I forgot to add I also have a couple other small fish including a normal scooter blenny in QT. I definitely do not have room for this many in my main tank or any of my other tanks
Im in a position I could take one maybe two off your hands if you could ship!

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For a cheaper option than buying pods, get yourself a few BBS hatcheries and get those churning out. There's a black hatching dish that I like somewhere on Amazon, no bubbler required.

Also, thank your partner, but then maybe have a word with them about how they need to be careful with buying you live creatures. A subtle probing question or two wouldn't have gone amiss here. This could have gone really bad for those fish.

OP
OP
alannasfishies

alannasfishies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a cheaper option than buying pods, get yourself a few BBS hatcheries and get those churning out. There's a black hatching dish that I like somewhere on Amazon, no bubbler required.

Also, thank your partner, but then maybe have a word with them about how they need to be careful with buying you live creatures. A subtle probing question or two wouldn't have gone amiss here. This could have gone really bad for those fish.
Already spoke to him don’t worry! I already have a hatchery that’s been running for about five years so all set on pods

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humans can be so sweet! I’m glad you were able to find a resolution for the extra mandarins. I agree; there’s no need for shaming. :)

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want to say the name of the place he got them from but I’ve ordered so many fish from them including many expert level fish to my address, they probably assumed I was spreading them out among tanks.

As an update to this post, all five I am giving away have been picked up by local reefers. They’re all going to great homes and I made sure to get a picture of their tanks to make sure.

Nonetheless the fish are fine. If I really wanted to I could put a few in each of my tanks and just feed them live pods from my breeding setup, I just don’t want to have fifteen. Ten is fine as I’m adding two to each tank.

Don’t think there’s a need to shame anyone
If you received any males, either alone in 50g plus, or with 2-3 females.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha wow what a nice gift! I love ruby red dragonetts and have always wanted a pair. Sounds like you did the right thing dispersing them among your aquariums and giving some away.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping them since they appeared in the hobby and now only have a breeding pair. The males will fight when they are mature and in a normal tank. Most of the females will tolerate each other. I could take a few females if you are coming out to Riverhead Long Island.

I do go to the city because my Daughter lives there but I am not going for a while.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I told my partner I really wanted to buy a ruby red dragonette after I get paid. yesterday a package with fifteen of them showed up at door. While I appreciate the gesture (he thought they would all get along) I just wanted one. I put them into a empty 55gallon quarantine and they are all hopping around, I don’t see any bickering, but I know I don’t have the room, pods to sustain them, and I also doubt they will be getting along like this forever? My main tank has two seahorses, two filefish, and two clowns. I just wanted to add one to that tank.

I have never been in a situation like this and don’t know anyone locally who will take them. Can I just walk in with them to the fish store? I don’t know if they would accept fish from a random source. Is there a way I can sell them online? Or is the only option to give them away for free? I would like to sell them if possible even so I can spend the money from them on corals… and so I can make sure nobody is feeding then to anything. Is there like an online place people rehome fish?

I forgot to add I also have a couple other small fish including a normal scooter blenny in QT. I definitely do not have room for this many in my main tank or any of my other tanks
If you came to my LFS, i would have taken them in a heartbeat. They are much more attractive than standard version
The mandarin red version also

1694874042839.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back