Fighting conch or tiger conch?

Gmerek2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither. Find a local hobbiest with reproducing mini Conch. It’s better than taking from the ocean and paying money every year. If you are interested to know more let me know

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have(had) a florida fighting conch in my 35g cube with a 3" sand bed. It did great for a while but once I started adding in more coral, he knocks it off constantly. Anything 3" off the sand bed will get knocked off, it's just a matter of time. Glue doesn't matter, he'll break it. I moved him over to my little nano that is very dirty with algae at the moment. It's set up as a half frag tank and half "stuff that isn't in my display" tank. I would suggest the smaller ones. My fighting conch is at least 3" long, probably pushing 4". He can lift his whole shell up off the ground when pushing against the glass of rocks and reach up probably 5" or better then do this ninja spin kick (seriously, he will get frustrated and spin like an astrea snail, but only once and violently) and everything gets knocked loose.

OP
OP
BigJohnny

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither. Find a local hobbiest with reproducing mini Conch. It’s better than taking from the ocean and paying money every year. If you are interested to know more let me know
Great idea but there are basically no local hobbyists especially that have reproducing mini conch.

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a fighting conch in my 60 cube. I rarely see it, in fact i thought it was dead until i accidentally dug it up a bit ago. Between it, a sand sifting star, and my nassarius snails my sandbed stays pretty clean

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back