OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
odd question but how was the tank shipped? in box or the the cardboard box in a box type of thing?

this just got me thinking I might want to upgrade my nano peninsula but I LOVE it sooo

I'm not 100% sure on that it was shipped to my lfs then I picked it up. The owner of the store did mention it was packaged very well in a wooden crate but I did not see that. Everything that I have taken out so far was covered in plastic wrapping and alot of foam to keep things from moving around.

OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put my training from all my wife's ikea purchases to use today as I assembled the stand. Pretty simple the instructions were a bit vague but I have assembled several things that are similar to this. Still need to adjust the doors once it's in place and level.

I have been slightly stressed about space in the cabinet since I got the 24 in sump instead of the 20 but it will work perfectly.

IMG_20210429_192837_792.jpg IMG_20210429_192837_827.jpg

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been slightly stressed about space in the cabinet since I got the 24 in sump instead of the 20 but it will work perfectly.
I have been as well while I wait on mine to come in. How much room in front/ back of the sump do you have? Stand came together nice, does it have levelling feet?

OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been as well while I wait on mine to come in. How much room in front/ back of the sump do you have? Stand came together nice, does it have levelling feet?
It does have leveling feet and there is probably 4-6 inches extra space in the front. I didn't measure I was more worried about the side to side fit.

OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use that same wifi power strip and I absolutely love it.

Loving the setup so far!

Thanks. I have always intended on putting a controller on the tank at some point. Just not from the start because money is kind of tight with all the other purchases. I saw this power strip on my first fish tanks YouTube and and figured why not give it a shot. How is the app as far as setting schedules and what not?

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have always intended on putting a controller on the tank at some point. Just not from the start because money is kind of tight with all the other purchases. I saw this power strip on my first fish tanks YouTube and and figured why not give it a shot. How is the app as far as setting schedules and what not?
I use this strip's mobile app and also have it connected to Alexia so I can control my cabinet lights, skimmer, return pump, etc with voice commands.

You can create routines around feedting time for example. Schedule the skimmer to turn on 10 mins after your return starts allowing the water level in the system to recover so your skimmer doesn't overflow right away.

Good Choice.

Mobile App
SmartSelect_20210430-092747_Smart Life.jpg

Alexia
SmartSelect_20210430-093520_Amazon Alexa.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this strip's mobile app and also have it connected to Alexia so I can control my cabinet lights, skimmer, return pump, etc with voice commands.

You can create routines around feedting time for example. Schedule the skimmer to turn on 10 mins after your return starts allowing the water level in the system to recover so your skimmer doesn't overflow right away.

Good Choice.

Mobile App
SmartSelect_20210430-092747_Smart Life.jpg

Alexia
SmartSelect_20210430-093520_Amazon Alexa.jpg
Nice. I'll have to play around with it some then

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put my training from all my wife's ikea purchases to use today as I assembled the stand. Pretty simple the instructions were a bit vague but I have assembled several things that are similar to this. Still need to adjust the doors once it's in place and level.

IMG_20210429_192837_792.jpg IMG_20210429_192837_827.jpg

looking good!

OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started plumbing today. Nothing is glued yet and I am going to plumb a T and ball valve into the return line for a manifold for a reactor in the future if I want one. Almost got it all plumbed and ran out of 3/4 pvc. Needed 18 inches I have 13 left....so if Noone in my local group has any left over I'll have to order more when I order my ball valve this week.

Started laying out my power bar and controllers for heater and return. They are all going to be mounted on the right hand wall above the sump.

Attachments

• 20210502_144348.jpg
    20210502_144348.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20210502_122130_228.jpg
    IMG_20210502_122130_228.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 114

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started plumbing today. Nothing is glued yet and I am going to plumb a T and ball valve into the return line for a manifold for a reactor in the future if I want one. Almost got it all plumbed and ran out of 3/4 pvc. Needed 18 inches I have 13 left....so if Noone in my local group has any left over I'll have to order more when I order my ball valve this week.

Started laying out my power bar and controllers for heater and return. They are all going to be mounted on the right hand wall above the sump.
I agree looking good. dam I hate it you run out of colored pvc pipe. hope you find it locally.
that sump is looking nice!

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm about to purchase my 76G EXT build, love to see what others are doing with the Fiji Cube. Are you not going to use the Bean Animal drain system? (U Shape drains, one higher than other) or are you just going to leave the open siphons?

OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree looking good. dam I hate it you run out of colored pvc pipe. hope you find it locally.
that sump is looking nice!
Thanks. I am waiting on a couple people to get back to me. If not it's $3 on brs so not a huge deal will just take a week to get here.
I'm about to purchase my 76G EXT build, love to see what others are doing with the Fiji Cube. Are you not going to use the Bean Animal drain system? (U Shape drains, one higher than other) or are you just going to leave the open siphons?
Awesome I really like the tank so far seams are great stand was easy to assemble. Can't wait to get this in the house. For the over flow I haven't decided yet. I may test it out both ways when I leak test it before moving it into the house.

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I am waiting on a couple people to get back to me. If not it's $3 on brs so not a huge deal will just take a week to get here.

Awesome I really like the tank so far seams are great stand was easy to assemble. Can't wait to get this in the house. For the over flow I haven't decided yet. I may test it out both ways when I leak test it before moving it into the house.
I have seen on different YouTube videos that leaving the open siphons creates much more noise than desired, if you have the room to fit in the bean animal u-shaped downflow pipes, from what I've seen, id recommend it. setup looks nice, once I have mine setup ill post some pics

OP
OP
ks2509

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen on different YouTube videos that leaving the open siphons creates much more noise than desired, if you have the room to fit in the bean animal u-shaped downflow pipes, from what I've seen, id recommend it. setup looks nice, once I have mine setup ill post some pics
Thanks for the tip. I'll do some research but with the 90 elbows I have now I don't think I'll have the room for it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back