Fiji Cube aio box 40g breeder

swoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been researching a lot of whether or not to do a diy sump or just go with hang on back filter and skimmer and then I came across this aio box by Fiji cube. It looks like this is a good alternative for me considering I’m still new when it comes to the hobby as well as I’ve never done a sump and the drilling in my take intimidates me.

For those who are using/have used this box on or just have knowledge about it, will this be able to hold a protein skimmer as well as my filter media etc? I’m wondering if there’s enough space in it for this.

Any help is appreciated

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the original on that size tank. I like that you can easily add the hob refugium onto it. They made improvements, such as offering a media tray which I would highly recommend. I think its nicer looking than a hob filter. I had a hob skimmer with the box, but in the future I would just do a refugium and skip the skimmer if I ever did something similar again.

OP
OP
S

swoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the original on that size tank. I like that you can easily add the hob refugium onto it. They made improvements, such as offering a media tray which I would highly recommend. I think its nicer looking than a hob filter. I had a hob skimmer with the box, but in the future I would just do a refugium and skip the skimmer if I ever did something similar again.
So you’re saying the skimmer wasn’t really needed?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’re saying the skimmer wasn’t really needed?

I tend to prefer refugiums first and then a skimmer down the road if needed. I think you could fit some nano skimmers with the refugium in the middle chamber but im not 100% sure. I am sure you could email them to see if their skimmer would fit along side the hob refugium.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back