Fiji cube reviews

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Fiji Cube 48Ext a few years ago. They were having a sale locally. I picked up the tank myself from the warehouse. The stand was missing some threaded inserts which were mailed out promptly to me after notifying them. No other quality issues and the tank is still up and running. I also purchased the Fiji 30 sump and I love it. No issues with bulkheads at the time. I've been happy with my purchase. I will note, they simply recieve shipments from China and send it on to the buyer.
Are you sure they don't just silicone the tanks together in the warehouse? I think it would be really expensive to ship complete aquariums instead of sheets of glass? I think they do, I know SC Aquariums does assemble their fish tanks at the warehouse. It's all the same, just a Chinese vendor sitting on parts from China. If the Vendor gets too many bad reviews or doesn't sell enough, they close the shop and open up different website. ? Fiji cube and Sc aquariums are more or less the same? At the end of day I put 2500 dollars up for a non- working fish tank.

IMG_20231210_172316830.jpg If the glove doesn't fit FIJI

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they don't just silicone the tanks together in the warehouse? I think it would be really expensive to ship complete aquariums instead of sheets of glass? I think they do, I know SC Aquariums does assemble their fish tanks at the warehouse. It's all the same, just a Chinese vendor sitting on parts from China. If the Vendor gets too many bad reviews or doesn't sell enough, they close the shop and open up different website. ? Fiji cube and Sc aquariums are more or less the same?
Yes, I'm sure. SC Aquariums is a custom builder.

DogFishMD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any input on Fiji cube aquariums? Looking at getting their 81g 36*24*22.5 tank, with the center overflow. Just looking for input on quality and design. They are local to me so could get it with no shipping as well, plus they are on sale now too .
Would love to hear more about the Fiji cube 81 tank and build quality. I’m thinking about buying one this week—they’re on sale and I like the footprint and dimensions. Anyone know if the cabinet build quality is decent?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to hear more about the Fiji cube 81 tank and build quality. I’m thinking about buying one this week—they’re on sale and I like the footprint and dimensions. Anyone know if the cabinet build quality is decent?
I’ve got 76int. If I had to do it over again I would spend the extra money on an aluminum stand. The ones they provide are not bad. But for sure tank will outlast the stand.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know of any companies that make aluminum stands that will fit?
You should be able to look up the exact measurements on their website. Then start searching. But you’re probably gonna spend quite a bit more than what the wood one costs from figi. In all seriousness it’s a fine stand.

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fiji cube stand is IKEA grade. It's about the same plywood you get when buying kitchen cabinets. The paint is nice. After I put mine together it has a small wobble side to side. The cross members that support the tank underneath are a little short. It does have adjustable feet. If you think IKEA-grade furniture made in china is decent then get it. I will be re-enforcing the inside of my cabinet with some chopped-down 2 x 4

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys do custom stands as well. If I had to do it all over and had extra cash I would most definitely go this route. Panels are magnets.

Home / Aquarium Stand Kits / 60″ x 24″ x 36″ Aquarium Stand Kit w/ Panels

https://www.alufabinc.com/product/60-x-24-x-36-aquarium-stand-kit-w-panels/
60x24x36-Slv-Bl-ISO.png

60″ x 24″ x 36″ Aquarium Stand Kit w/ Panels​

$1,375.00
60″W x 24″D x 36″ Aquarium Stand Kit with magnetic panels
Includes 1.5″ x 3″ extrusion, 1.5″x1.5″ extusion, stainless steel fasteners, leveling feet and end caps.
(1) Front and (2) Side panels with hardware to install
FREE SHIPPING

60" x 24" x 36" Aquarium Stand Kit w/ Panels quantity
Add to cart
Buy with

DogFishMD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fiji cube stand is IKEA grade. It's about the same plywood you get when buying kitchen cabinets. The paint is nice. After I put mine together it has a small wobble side to side. The cross members that support the tank underneath are a little short. It does have adjustable feet. If you think IKEA-grade furniture made in china is decent then get it. I will be re-enforcing the inside of my cabinet with some chopped-down 2 x 4
This is what I expected (and what I was worried about). It’s a shame. I am interested in a an approximately 36” x 24” x 24” footprint. Love the waterbox plumbing but they don’t make this size in the infia reef line anymore. Fuji cube is one of the few that does. I worry about the quality of the gate valve used on the Red Sea and space limitations in their all wood stand but would otherwise go for the 350. I don’t think they’ll just sell the tank only. I may just spend the extra dough on a custom waterbox tank and figure out how to make an extruded aluminum stand myself. Nothing is ever easy!

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owned an 81g Fiji Cube tank a few years ago. The build quality of the tank was solid. I went with an 80/20 stand kit from Framingtech as my LFS could order at a discount.

The 80/20 stand was perfect, easy to assemble, light weight and sturdy. The only fault I found with the stand was when I used the algae scraper, there was some side to side shimmy with the tank and stand, like a little flexing. I contribute that to Framingtech’s design and not the material.

IMG_3065.jpeg

DogFishMD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a beautiful set up. You might consider adding 45 degree gussets in the corners which would markedly improve torsional stability.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bump this thread. Fiji Cube 57 tank my experience has been terrible. I ordered a tank put it together and the holes cut into the back did not match the overflow box. They were cut too close together. The stand sucks and has a wobble. Exchanged several emails. Last from fiji said they would send me a custom overflow box. It's been several weeks still waiting. I complained, He said he would send the part. I am still waiting. Bought the tank on the black Friday sale on their website.
Do like what I did, MAKE a VIDEO of all of the imperfections as well as the numerous email communications you had with them, upload it to YouTube then email them and CC one of their VENDORS like BRS the link...I did that and I got a response from Fiji as soon as possible...they hate negative press. I even threaten to reach out to the MN Attorney General's Office for the numerous BAD sales complaints..I finally got what I wanted from them and NEVER purchased anything from them again.

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 108ext. I only bought the tank, I went with an aluminum stand. The tank build quality was great. I actually wish it had euro bracing. I get a little deflection in the front pane. Nothing to worry about but I’d rather have the bracing. The glass is perfect and the silicone job is good. I am happy with the purchase.

The overflow box is built solid and it’s nice. The bulkheads and the way the internal box seats into the bulkheads is not great, but it is nice to able to remove internal box and clean it.

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 108ext. I only bought the tank, I went with an aluminum stand. The tank build quality was great. I actually wish it had euro bracing. I get a little deflection in the front pane. Nothing to worry about but I’d rather have the bracing. The glass is perfect and the silicone job is good. I am happy with the purchase.

The overflow box is built solid and it’s nice. The bulkheads and the way the internal box seats into the bulkheads is not great, but it is nice to able to remove internal box and clean it.
I am happy that you are satisfied with your purchase. My problems continue. I received the new overflow box and installed it only to find another problem. The holes cut out are not level. Now the overflow box is not level after installation. It looks like it's about a 1/2 inch off, I will add photos later. So, they cut holes way too close and at an angle. How is that possible if not done by hand? Now when you look into the tank at the skimmer in the front part of the overflow box you can tell its way unlevel. I sent Fiji Cube an email. Received no response.

Last edited:

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy that you are satisfied with your purchase. My problems continue. I received the new overflow box and installed it only to find another problem. The holes cut out are not level. Now the overflow box is not level after installation. It looks like it's about a 1/2 inch off, I will add photos later. So, they cut holes way too close and at an angle. How is that possible if not done by hand? Now when you look into the tank at the skimmer in the front part of the overflow box you can tell its way unlevel. I sent Fiji Cube an email. Received no response.
What a bummer! They sure have the worst customer service.

Did you buy the tank directly from Fijicube?

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. What a bummer. A 1/2” is a lot.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think a photo taken with a measuring tape showing the distances from top of tank to each drain hole, the distance between drain holes, and distances from left and right sides of tank could strengthen the claim, demonstrating the spec pattern and tolerances are off. And then another photo taking the same measurements of the overflow box.

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think a photo taken with a measuring tape showing the distances from top of tank to each drain hole, the distance between drain holes, and distances from left and right sides of tank could strengthen the claim, demonstrating the spec pattern and tolerances are off. And then another photo taking the same measurements of the overflow box.
I Dunno how much good that will do. I have sent so many emails to Fiji CUBE that they just stopped listening. So, I will set up the tank today and start a build thread. Test it out and see if it works. It's like buying a brand-new Sony 4k TV and finding a fat scratch in it. The sad part is I used my debit card to buy the tank instead of my credit card. So now I cannot dispute the charges. So I am at the point of living with it or putting more pressure on Fiji Cube. I feel if I set it up it works. I can live with it. But at the End of the day FIJI CUBE ****** Up a Wet Dream :(

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Dunno how much good that will do. I have sent so many emails to Fiji CUBE that they just stopped listening. So, I will set up the tank today and start a build thread. Test it out and see if it works. It's like buying a brand-new Sony 4k TV and finding a fat scratch in it. The sad part is I used my debit card to buy the tank instead of my credit card. So now I cannot dispute the charges. So I am at the point of living with it or putting more pressure on Fiji Cube. I feel if I set it up it works. I can live with it. But at the End of the day FIJI CUBE ****** Up a Wet Dream :(

You should contact your bank as soon as possible and provide evidence of the issue. In most cases, yes, you can dispute a debit card charge by requesting a "chargeback" through the bank. Do not let anyone take advantage of you. You purchased a brand new tank, and you should not settle for less. They need to make things right!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back